who to send letter of interest to??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MisterMo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, so I am writing a few letters of interest to schools I haven't heard from yet regarding interview invitations (yeah, its looking like a long shot at this point). Was wondering if anyone had some advice as to whether to address the letters to Directors of admission or simply the admissions offices. What do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

I would say the admissions committee because most likely they will be the ones reading them, as the Directors usually do not have much say in the actual admissions vote. Best of Luck!

Does sending a letter of INTENT if you have no acceptances yet look desperate or is it fine to send a letter of intent out post interview even if you haven't been accepted anywhere yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
MisterMo said:
Hey all, so I am writing a few letters of interest to schools I haven't heard from yet regarding interview invitations (yeah, its looking like a long shot at this point). Was wondering if anyone had some advice as to whether to address the letters to Directors of admission or simply the admissions offices. What do you think?

i'm doing a letter of intent right now but don't knwo whether i should send it out...if i do send it out, i'm directing it to the adcom.

Can you send me a mock of your letter of interest....I never thought to do that until reading SDN recently....I thought you just waited to see what happened :confused: