Who's buying a preowned BMW?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StaviZFingerZ

Retired
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
All y'all hackling over politics, how bad retail is, and job shortage, y'all are seriously boring.

However, I do find BMW's preowned campaign brilliant!! :love:

bmwpreowned.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Bloody amazing, Stavi.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if the model knew what the caption was going to be when she had those shots taken.

Very clever.

Not into expensive foreign cars , but still!

Ummm wheres the BMW? :smuggrin:

bravo.

well done!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm... drive my Toyota for another 4 years after finishing school or buy a BMW... hmm.. :laugh:

wont make me buy a car but it will make me buy something...

My whole family has always driven Fords, and we've never had any major problems with them (one or two minor recalls over the years maybe).
I'm still driving my grandfathers 99 windstar, my cousin is driving an almost identical model, my dad has always had an f-1or250, my mom had a taurus when we lived in the city, but since they've moved out to the sticks she's had an explorer and escape. From our experiences, they're good vehicles (and to drag in the politics from the other threads, its an american company).

My whole family has always driven Fords, and we've never had any major problems with them (one or two minor recalls over the years maybe).
I'm still driving my grandfathers 99 windstar, my cousin is driving an almost identical model, my dad has always had an f-1or250, my mom had a taurus when we lived in the city, but since they've moved out to the sticks she's had an explorer and escape. From our experiences, they're good vehicles (and to drag in the politics from the other threads, its an american company).

Same. Fords are awesome.

So if I buy a new BMW, will it scream in pain the first time I put the key in the ignition and awkwardly cry for 30 minutes after I'm done with my first drive?

So if I buy a new BMW, will it scream in pain the first time I put the key in the ignition and awkwardly cry for 30 minutes after I'm done with my first drive?

Depends on how used it is. It may have a loose suspension, give you nothing but trouble, and leave you with something you hadn't expected, nor do you appreciate. Get your vehicle history with CARFAX.:smuggrin:

Depends on how used it is. It may have a loose suspension, give you nothing but trouble, and leave you with something you hadn't expected, nor do you appreciate. Get your vehicle history with CARFAX.:smuggrin:

Dude...it'd be sweet if chicks came with those. "You made out with Ricky Johnson?!?!?! No thanks!!!!"

6 Series convertible
These are going for cheap, dropped off more than 50% of value after 2-3 year in most markets...

Love the campaign, but I'm personally more into Audi/Porsche.

I like Audi better too.

Not me ;o

Buying one of the worst depreciating asset is not wise.

I'd stick with a used Honda or Toyota for reliability

http://www.hondabeat.com/highmiles.php (500k+ mileage and engine still running strong)

So true... German cars depreciate like there is no tomorrow.

Hey, she must be southern. Look at her teeth.

I'm going to go with European.

Am I the only one who thinks she looks like she's 15?

QFT but I think that was the point. lol

I suppose it does go with that Southern vibe lol

HEY! Be nice! Most of us have orthodontists just like you guys do! :laugh:

Ugh...Audi over BMW? Come now. And yes, Ford is the best built American car.

...but it doesn't matter, all cars are junk. I can't help it, I was a mechanic for the 6 years right out of high school at the family business. Specialized in Euro-trash, but worked on it all. My dad's wrenched all his life, my brother is a BMW Master Tech; I was bound to work in a shop sooner or later. The only way I would drive a BMW (or worse, Audi) is if I could pay someone else to work on it, because I absolutely abhor it.

But none of that matters. That's one of the most clever ads I've seen in a while.

Ugh...Audi over BMW? Come now. And yes, Ford is the best built American car.

...but it doesn't matter, all cars are junk. I can't help it, I was a mechanic for the 6 years right out of high school at the family business. Specialized in Euro-trash, but worked on it all. My dad's wrenched all his life, my brother is a BMW Master Tech; I was bound to work in a shop sooner or later. The only way I would drive a BMW (or worse, Audi) is if I could pay someone else to work on it, because I absolutely abhor it.

But none of that matters. That's one of the most clever ads I've seen in a while.

Dude,

Do you know how to change/retrofit IMS sealed bearing in 911 engine?

yall are all lame. everyone knows mercedes is where it's at. check out my ride and appreciate. LOL

Mercedes_sl_swarovski_1.jpg

While there are so many car experts here, I want to take advantage of your expertise. Has anyone looked into 2011 Toyota Prius yet? I am attracted to its 50-plus-mpg rating. Sounds like it can save the car owner a great deal on gas, especially when our oil prices keep rising.

http://iguida.com/2011-toyota-prius

Attachments

• toyota_prius2011_04.jpg
    toyota_prius2011_04.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 22
I'm a Nissan Sentra kind of girl, myself.

My brother and his wife once bought a pre-owned BMW that was about 15 years old. They loved it, and eventually it needed a repair that would cost more than the car was worth so they traded it in.

That picture looks like an "after" photo of what would happen if Paris Hilton were ever locked in her own garage with a Bejeweller.
Lol...top of the line swarovski...I guess thats what happens when you have too much money. Seriously if anyone drove that and parked it anywhere I'm pretty sure they'd be jumped, in daylight. They'd have to do what Obama does when he comes around here, close off all the roads, flanked by like a hundred motorcycles, tank like escalades, a bunch of dogs, lol

Lol...top of the line swarovski...I guess thats what happens when you have too much money. Seriously if anyone drove that and parked it anywhere I'm pretty sure they'd be jumped, in daylight. They'd have to do what Obama does when he comes around here, close off all the roads, flanked by like a hundred motorcycles, tank like escalades, a bunch of dogs, lol
No sense causing a big scene and jumping them. Just wait til they leave and scratch at the side a little bit and send it in to Cash 4 Gold.

This is still by far the HOTTEST car ever. Mercedes is waaaaaay better than BMW! :)

This is still by far the HOTTEST car ever. Mercedes is waaaaaay better than BMW! :)

The only Mercedes I like more than BMWs is the SLR McLaren. Too bad I'll never make enough money to buy one. I'd have to win the lottery to buy one of those.

I'm thinking about buying a BMW when my current car gets old after I get out of pharmacy school. Is the lower price worth the troubles and difficulties of driving a preowned BMW?

Buying most foreign cars makes you an unamerican *******.

There are some exceptions. A few Mazdas are made in the US....a few Hyundais too. BMW SUV are ok for this reason, too.

I'd consider Volvos or Jaguars made from like 2003 or so until 2008 or so. They were owned by Ford at the time, so its legit.

I wouldn't mind one of those Volvo S80s with the V8 that puts out 300+ HP...those can be had for like $11k or so used at the auction...they depreciate like a bitch...nice cars, though...

Last edited:

There are some exceptions. A few Mazdas are made in the US....a few Hyundais too. BMW SUV are ok for this reason, too.

I'd consider Volvos or Jaguars made from like 2003 or so until 2008 or so. They were owned by Ford at the time, so its legit.

I wouldn't mind one of those Volvo S80s with the V8 that puts out 300+ HP...those can be had for like $11k or so used at the auction...they depreciate like a bitch...nice cars, though...

volkswagen-golf-gti-w12-650-20070521041035698.jpg

For the deutschland.

word. buying cars made in other countries is throwing away the united states' resources.

personally i'd like to pick up either a classic cadillac or maybe an olds alero OSV

I iz not an American. :smuggrin:

But, to comment on your "exceptions": Honda, Hyundai, and Mercedes all have plants down here in good ole 'Bama. However, the value is added, not in the US, but abroad.

****ing Nazi ricer...:rolleyes:

Nazi, perhaps. Ricer, never. That car is the VW W12 Golf concept. Basically, they took parts from Volkwagen, Audi, Lamborghini, Porsche, and threw them all into this thing. 650 brake horsepower is the result.

Only problem is that it is so overpowered and light that it cannot hold traction in the slightest corner.

I already know what my next car is going to be, and it will be American.

112_0805_02z+2009_cadillac_CTS-V+nurburgring.jpg

The Cadillac CTS-V. Fastest sedan around the Nurburgring. 556 hp, 6.2 L supercharged V8. Produces 56 more hp than BMW's M5, and costs $30,000 less. Now, unless BMW comes out with something ridiculous that blows away the CTS-V, I have to go with the CTS-V.

Nazi, perhaps. Ricer, never. That car is the VW W12 Golf concept. Basically, they took parts from Volkwagen, Audi, Lamborghini, Porsche, and threw them all into this thing. 650 brake horsepower is the result.

Only problem is that it is so overpowered and light that it cannot hold traction in the slightest corner.

I already know what my next car is going to be, and it will be American.

112_0805_02z+2009_cadillac_CTS-V+nurburgring.jpg

The Cadillac CTS-V. Fastest sedan around the Nurburgring. 556 hp, 6.2 L supercharged V8. Produces 56 more hp than BMW's M5, and costs $30,000 less. Now, unless BMW comes out with something ridiculous that blows away the CTS-V, I have to go with the CTS-V.

niiiice like straight out of the matrix reloaded