Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Who's from New Mexico?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jwright76, Feb 14, 2002.

1. jwright76

jwright76 Member
    7+ Year Member

I noticed that panda01 is from New Mexico. Is anyone else here from the Land of Enchantment? Have you applied to UNM? If so, how's that going? I was just pumped to see other New Mexicans on the forum.

2. panda01

panda01 Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hell yeah, props to the Land of Enchantment. Are you in Albuquerque now or Fort Collins? I had my interview at UNM back in September, but they don't let anyone know until March 15... I have a feeling I won't get in though since I've only been here a year.

3. jwright76

jwright76 Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm in Fort Collins right now at CSU. What have you been doing in NM for a year? I interviewed at UNM in October. What did you think? I was unimpressed. It's a good school, but I think the administration I dealt with had let the US News ranking go to their head. The other schools I interviewed at sounded like they really wanted us there, whereas UNM acted like they were doing me a favor by just interviewing me. But that's just my two cents. I'm stil anxious to hear from them. Good Luck.

4. panda01

panda01 Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Yeah, I wasn't that impressed either. Great school, great primary care curriculum, but the student body is very old and there isn't much of a cohesive feel that I could sense. It was by far my highest stress interview. Seems kind of ridiculous--New Mexico has such a huge shortage of doctors, and yet you have to repeatedly apply and fight hard to get accepted.

Does anybody else see this at state schools?