Who's from New Mexico?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jwright76

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed that panda01 is from New Mexico. Is anyone else here from the Land of Enchantment? Have you applied to UNM? If so, how's that going? I was just pumped to see other New Mexicans on the forum.

Members don't see this ad.

Hell yeah, props to the Land of Enchantment. Are you in Albuquerque now or Fort Collins? I had my interview at UNM back in September, but they don't let anyone know until March 15... I have a feeling I won't get in though since I've only been here a year.

I'm in Fort Collins right now at CSU. What have you been doing in NM for a year? I interviewed at UNM in October. What did you think? I was unimpressed. It's a good school, but I think the administration I dealt with had let the US News ranking go to their head. The other schools I interviewed at sounded like they really wanted us there, whereas UNM acted like they were doing me a favor by just interviewing me. But that's just my two cents. I'm stil anxious to hear from them. Good Luck.

Yeah, I wasn't that impressed either. Great school, great primary care curriculum, but the student body is very old and there isn't much of a cohesive feel that I could sense. It was by far my highest stress interview. Seems kind of ridiculous--New Mexico has such a huge shortage of doctors, and yet you have to repeatedly apply and fight hard to get accepted.

Does anybody else see this at state schools?