Who's Making Interview Offers?!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

earmuffs

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought it would be good to start this up as a thread where everyone can get an idea of which programs are offering interview slots to applicants.

And I'll start it off with...

MILWAUKEE CHILDREN'S.
They're reviewing applications as they come in and even making some offers without the LoR's yet. They're booking a few applicant slots, going from Nov 3-Jan 31 (M, Tu, Th, Fr), and will pay for hotel for all out-of-towners.

Members don't see this ad.

Also got one from UT Southwest in Dallas

I have been offered at Milwaukee as well.

Most places I am applying have downloaded my app (eg, Boston children's, Chop, Rainbow Babies, U of Chicago, Northwestern, Ohio State, SLU, Wash U, Indiana) but none have offered invites.

Chop sent an email, but it was only info about the program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is this board too quiet, or are interviews not being handed out as early as last year? I can already tell this process will test my patience LOL. But I only have my CAF and USMLE up so far, so I shouldn't be expecting anything...

Scott & White (assoc with Texas A&M); Baylor; UTMB in Galveston; and UTSouthwestern, that I know of.

University of Wisconsin too

med-peds interviews at Cincinnati, WVU

CHOP and Wash U are both making interview offers.

Wash U let me choose the date but CHOP only gave me dates in November. I am doing an away elective at the time, so I think it would be inappropriate to take time away from the away elective to interview at another program. I don't know how to go about explaining to them that I cannot interview in November. Any suggestions?

University of Florida at Jacksonville, Mercer University Savannah, University of South Carolina...that is all I know for now...

scholes said:
CHOP and Wash U are both making interview offers.

Wash U let me choose the date but CHOP only gave me dates in November. I am doing an away elective at the time, so I think it would be inappropriate to take time away from the away elective to interview at another program. I don't know how to go about explaining to them that I cannot interview in November. Any suggestions?

I think simply asking to schedule your interview in December or January instead is fine -- it's early enough in the season. There are a lot of people who try to schedule interviews later (January), so schedulers try to get people to schedule earlier on to even things out. And, if it is the same gentleman who scheduled interviews last year, he's extremely helpful and accomodating.

Children's Memorial Hospital in Chicago sent out a group of invitations today. There will be at least one more large group of invitations coming out in November after the Dean's Letters are sent out. Once that time rolls around, it's good to typically check your e-mail q1hr because, as I understand it, they offer more invitations than they have room for, and in the past when they've been sent out on a Wednesday, by Friday morning all spots are filled.

Later,

I got one from Children's Hospital of Los Angeles today. Pretty suite!

I got invites from maimonides and crozer-chester.
Anyone know how good these programs are?

keep this thread going.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got from AE Philadelphia and Sinai Baltimore...

drv said:
I got invites from maimonides and crozer-chester.
Anyone know how good these programs are?

keep this thread going.

one of my advisors told me that crozer-chester isn't a great program if you want to do a fellowship.

Thanks labangel.
they also have very small NICU and PICU.But CHOP rotations are attractive.I will try to get some solid info on this.

Got invite from University of Maryland . Any opinions on this program?

question: if a school decides not to interview you, do they ever send communication indicating that or you just never get an interview offer and that's how you know?

just curious

drv said:
Got invite from University of Maryland . Any opinions on this program?
Small, but VERY friendly.

Finally, my first interview - University of Chicago! I'm super happy and psyched, and it made my Dad's day too. :)

I'm applying in the Midwest. I've received interview invites so far from Medical College of Wisconsin, University of Iowa, and University of Kansas.

Pretty soon we'll be able to start giving interview tips! It's always fun to hear from all of you.

Add University of Michigan to the list

applicant2002 said:
question: if a school decides not to interview you, do they ever send communication indicating that or you just never get an interview offer and that's how you know?

just curious

Most places will let you know if they will NOT be offering you an interview, usually via ERAS email. Less often, they won't even contact you (I had 1 program like that). Out of 22 programs, I was offered 19 interviews, so your chances of rejection are minimal. FYI - if there is a program you are really interested in and have yet to hear, my 2 cents would be to contact them. I had a few colleagues that did this and sought out a few more interviews, of course they were pursuing other fields.

Good luck :D

Hey everyone! I applied to mostly midwest and east coast programs. So far I have gotten UMDNJ-RWJ, KU Med, and just got Rush Children's in Chicago a few minutes ago!

Also just got Rush today. :) Yay, I'm so glad I'll have a shot at Chicago!

rainbow babies by voicemail today.

I've heard from Med Coll Wisconsin, UTSW, Baylor, UVA, Cleveland Clinic, Rainbow Babies, and Wash U

Hey Everyone!

I only applied a week ago, but so far I have Rush and Albert Einstein at Jacobi. :)

So far, i've also heard from peds at Uof Chicago, Rush and the med-peds program in phoenix (applying for both, preferring med-peds). any other med-peds types out there?

I got St. Chris today. Also Crozer-Chester 2 weeks ago.

Thanks for all the info everyone. Here are the interview invites I have so far:

MCW, Virgina Commonwealth, Penn State, Sinai Baltimore, University of New Mexico, UT-SW, Texas A&M

Any thoughts on Penn State or Texas A&M? Thanks! -Ace :D

Hi faerichilde
Any thought on crozer-chester? How about fellowship opportunities after doing residency there?

I'm applying mostly in the Midwest, a smattering on the coasts; I hit "send" two weeks ago, my transcript was sent out at the beginning of this week.

U of Wisconsin and MCW offered interviews almost immediately, Iowa and Maryland sent offers in the last 24 hours.

Only one program hasn't even downloaded my application at all yet.

got another via email from Mayo in Rochester today

I got Georgetown today :D

Although I can't get on their website, kinda annoying....

I think I'm going to add St Christopher's and LIJ to my list of applications today...

University of Rochester also is offering interviews.

I got University of Southern California yesterday.

anyone heard anything from Children's hosp of Michigan at Wayne State? Either in Peds or Med/Peds????????????

Cinci, Michigan, CHOP today

Submitted ERAS a little less than 2 weeks ago.

Heard from: CHOP, Colorado, UTSW and Washington (Seattle).

Anyone hear from NY programs like Columbia or Cornell??

Is anyone else having a problem with setting up an interview at Rainbow Babies?

First, they called on Wednesday rather than emailing me. They called my "permanent" phone number as indicated on my application, which is my parent's home phone number. This is NOT my "primary" phone number as indicated in ERAS. My sister took the message and told them that I dont live there. She tried to give them my cell phone number to get a hold of me and they said they did not want it. They left a 1-800 number for me to call. I have tried calling multiple times on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday and it has been busy the entire time. This whole thing just seems very strange to me. Anyone else in a similar situation?

scholes said:
Is anyone else having a problem with setting up an interview at Rainbow Babies?

First, they called on Wednesday rather than emailing me. They called my "permanent" phone number as indicated on my application, which is my parent's home phone number. This is NOT my "primary" phone number as indicated in ERAS. My sister took the message and told them that I dont live there. She tried to give them my cell phone number to get a hold of me and they said they did not want it. They left a 1-800 number for me to call. I have tried calling multiple times on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday and it has been busy the entire time. This whole thing just seems very strange to me. Anyone else in a similar situation?

Apparently the lady is/was out of town till Monday

Loyola (in Chicago) sent out an interview offer this AM.

Also got Loyola. :) I'm starting to think it's a sign, I've only got UIC-Christ and Children's Memorial (crossing major fingers come Nov. 1) left in Chicago.

Add Long Island Jewish and Mt. Sinai to the list.

Got Vandy and UAB today via email

mark down one more for loyola...

also got u. chicago, nebraska/creighton, and seattle today.

What do you guys think about st peters newbrunswick? Small university program seperated from RWJ.

good luck to all

University of California, Irvine a couple days ago.