Who's Making Interview Offers?!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got UCI & USC today.

Members don't see this ad.

amarula said:
I am waiting to hear from about 20 programs... (I'm couples matching with my significant other who is going into general surgery)... these include: CHOP, UNC, Duke, Hopkins, Baylor, UCLA, UCSF, U of Colorado, Columbia, Montefiorre and others. I have above average Step I scores, but have not taken Step II. I have a great deal of international child health research experience and I have an MPH. I am not AOA, but believe that I am AOK.

write if you have more questions!

Hi Amarula,

I totally understand. I'm couples matching with my fiance who is going into rad onc. I applied to 71 programs! He doesn't hear until later, so I've just been scheduling interviews as they come and I will probably cancel a bunch of them later. Good luck!

Jackson Memorial (Miami) today. Nice of them to offer hotel accomodations, as did EVMS. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
hey all...just browsin' this thread and had 1 (well...2) quick questions:

1) anyone heard from SUNY-Stony Brook

2) what are your opinions of that place...(already read scutwork)

ok...I'll admit it, I'm an IM person, but I asked these questions for a personal reason.....your input would be greatly appreciated

thanks AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!

St. Louis University/Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital
and
Children's Mercy in Kansas City

Both today via email

Anyone hear from Boston Children's yet?

Anybody hear from CHLA? Do all LORs have to be in before they invite people to interview, or do they wait till after Nov 1? Just looking for information. Thanks!

I got University of Miami today :)

Lara, when will you be there? I'm so happy about the hotel! :D

I'm going to try to coordinate it with my miami children's interview...

Doctora - I'm also hoping to coordinate it with Miami Children's (I'll be flying in, so I definitely don't want two trips) but MCH has yet to email back with my date confirmation! I'll need to find a phone number to contact at this rate, it's been over a week. Probably January though...

btw, I've heard it's a really nice hotel. :D

Also heard from SLU today.

Yay: Milwaukee, CMH, U of C, Seattle, Rainbow, Loyola, Creighton/UNMC, Wash U, SLU, Rochester (NY), Pittsburgh, Floating

Nay: CHOP

Still waiting: Oakland, Stanford, OHSU, Colorado, Boston, MGH, Brown, Hopkins, DC, Cincy

Not sure, but I think Boston Children's doesn't offer ANY interviews until after the dean's letters are in...or at least that's the impression i get from their website.
http://www.childrenshospital.org/training/pedres1/applic.html
(in the interview section)

Check out this link...I can't believe it's actually on the Tide message board.
Tide In Tide Out

Peanuts said:
Anybody hear from CHLA? Do all LORs have to be in before they invite people to interview, or do they wait till after Nov 1? Just looking for information. Thanks!

CHLA was the first interview invite I received a few weeks ago. I don't remember the exact date right now, but I posted it on Page 1 of this thread I believe. So I guess they don't wait until after nov 1 for the dean's letter, but I guess it would be good if the rest of your application was in. HOpe this helps!

SLU and Peoria today as well, both by e-mail.

No one's heard applied to/heard from George Washington Univ/Children's National?

earmuffs said:
...I think Boston Children's doesn't offer ANY interviews until after the dean's letters are in...or at least that's the impression i get from their website...
It's true...when I rotated at Children's, we had a session on residency there, and they told us not to expect to hear anything until after deans letters go out.

mount sinai school of med

Members don't see this ad :)
To update...questioning why I applied to 31 schools, or which places I actually want to interview at...but invites from:
UMass, UVM, Maine, UConn, Loyola, St. Christopher's, Cleveland Clinic, Univ. of Michigan

UNC and UPMC (Pitt - thank goodness considering I'm doing a SubI there!)

Lara said:
Doctora - I'm also hoping to coordinate it with Miami Children's (I'll be flying in, so I definitely don't want two trips) but MCH has yet to email back with my date confirmation! I'll need to find a phone number to contact at this rate, it's been over a week. Probably January though...

btw, I've heard it's a really nice hotel. :D

I spoke to the lady at MCH today. She is really backed up on scheduling the interviews. She said she'll be caught up soon though, if that's any help.

Sweetness, in consecutive days I got offers #2,3! :D On my quest to interview in all four corners, I now can cross off upper-right (Brown) and bottom-right (my alma mater, U of South Florida).

University of Chicago - Oct 25 (6 days til first interview :eek:)
U of South Florida - Nov 2
Brown - TBS*

woohoo. the games are really beginning!

*to be scheduled

Make that 2 for Brown

went shirt & tie shopping today. asked the dude working in the men's section for help. nice guy, but i swear he was either color blind (even more so than i am) or harboring some grudge against me. is there any way a white shirt with a whole lot of pink and purple stripes goes with an olive green suit?

could somebody who is more fashionably inclined enlighten me?

I got Brown today too.

So, I have a pin-striped chocolate suit and a pin-striped black suit (both pants). Conservative heels from Aerosoles (they're actually cute!)

Do I have to buy a brown bag to wear with the chocolate suit and brown shoes?

And... what to wear to the pre-interview dinner for all interviews?

Oh yeah, I also got a call from Rainbow Babies today!

there are TONS of programs I haven't heard from yet ( I applied to 30+ b/c I'm couples matching with a general surgery applicant).

My update: So far I have: Maine, Tufts, NYU, St. Chris, Baystate, Crozer-Chester, Mt. Sinai, UMass, and Brown. Still waiting on Columbia, Cornell, Albert Einstein, Boston Children's, Albert Einstein-Montefiore, MGH, and CHOP. More than halfway there...not expecting many more till after deans letters go out

niagara said:
I spoke to the lady at MCH today. She is really backed up on scheduling the interviews. She said she'll be caught up soon though, if that's any help.

Thanks for the info, in that case I can wait.

btw, add Maine to the list of programs offering hotels. :)

USeF said:
Sweetness, in consecutive days I got offers #2,3! :D On my quest to interview in all four corners, I now can cross off upper-right (Brown) and bottom-right (my alma mater, U of South Florida).

LOL - if I get UWash and UCSD, I'll also have all four corners as I've been invited to Maine and Miami.

I got Loma Linda yesterday and Children's Hosp of Orange County today.

Loma Linda offers free motel.

Got from arkansas children's , university of iowa and miami children's.

good luck all.

UF, UAB, UT-Southwestern, UT-Houston, Wash U, Long Island Jewish, Rush, U Michigan, Jacobi, Indiana, Children's National, Georgetown, Cook County, St. Christophers

still waiting for....
Baylor, MGH, U Chicago, Children's Memorial, and all of the NYC programs
***crossing fingers***

Hi everyone,
this is my first time posting (long time lurker). Tried registering months ago (a couple of different times) but the registration site was down. Anyway, I'm happy to finally start contributing....
Interviews offered:
Medical College of Wisconsin, University of Wisconsin Madison, SLU, Wash U, Mt.Sinai, Lutheran, Christ, Loyola, University of Chicago, UIC, U of Il. Peoria, 2 in Kansas City (KUMC, UMKC), Georgetown.
Still waiting for:
Children's National, Boston Children's, Rush, Northwestern.
I think I applied to too many programs -- I was so nervous when I applied and it was just so easy to keep clicking! :laugh:

Just got MUSC. :) Hopefully I can coordinate it with Miami.

Still hoping for Mount Sinai, Vermont, Tufts and Brown this week before the Dean's Letter...

ETA - Bleh, got my first boot from CHOP. I knew an email titled "application decision" couldn't be good news. Oh well, can't say I'm surprised. Just about any invite from here on will be a real bonus.

mr.annoying said:
I got Loma Linda yesterday and Children's Hosp of Orange County today.

Loma Linda offers free motel.

I got an invite from Loma Linda today for med-peds and they do not even offer squat! all of the other programs that I have applied to have offered free hotel. And Baylor offered transport reimbursement! Go figure!

:) :) :)
I am new to this forum so I thought I would add to the list.
I have been offerred interviews @ UCI, USC, Harbor-UCLA, UCLA, CHOC, Loma Linda, White Memorial, UCSF, Children's Oakland, U of Chicago, Christ, Lutheran, and Rush.

I am waiting on CHLA, Stanford, UC Davis, Children's Memorial, Seattle Children's, and UC San Diego.

ruthmd said:
So far, i've also heard from peds at Uof Chicago, Rush and the med-peds program in phoenix (applying for both, preferring med-peds). any other med-peds types out there?

Med-peds in the house! I was thinking of just appying to peds as well but decided to just apply to one program. How many interviews do you have to date? How many programs did you apply to?

yobabydoc said:
Med-peds in the house! I was thinking of just appying to peds as well but decided to just apply to one program. How many interviews do you have to date? How many programs did you apply to?

12- 7 peds and 5 med-peds, but I'm somewhat limited geographically, since I'm married to a non-medical person who needs to be in a larger city...

ruthmd said:
12- 7 peds and 5 med-peds, but I'm somewhat limited geographically, since I'm married to a non-medical person who needs to be in a larger city...

I wish a couples match existed for those of us with spouses who weren't in medicine. No, I have no clue how something like that would work, but it makes her job hunt pretty difficult when everything is contingent on my match outcome. (And her field is fairly limited, so she can't just wait and see where I match...)

bluesteel said:
Cornell and Hopkins

Hmm, that's funny. I got this e-mail today from Hopkins. Note the bolded line. Definitely a roller coaster of an e-mail!

Date: October 25, 2005 12:58:37 PM CDT
To: [email protected]
Subject: Message from Johns Hopkins

Greetings!

Thank you for your application to the Johns Hopkins Pediatric Residency
Program. We are very pleased that you are interested in the Harriet Lane
Service. If you have not yet had the opportunity to visit our website
<www.hopkinschildrens.org>, please take a few minutes to visit and review the
"Residency Program" section which includes information about our history,
facilities, curriculum, benefits and our application and interview process.

As you will see when you visit our site, we will not begin our review of
applications until November 1st when Dean's Letters arrive.
In order to
faciltate an organized and timely review of applications, I need your
assistance. We would like to know, as soon as possible, two dates that you
think you might be able to interview at Johns Hopkins. I know this may be a
somewhat confusing request as we have not yet sent any invitations to
interview. However, this information will help us organize our review of
applications so that we can do this as quickly and fairly as possible. Please
carefully review our application requirements and interview process which is
detailed on our website along with the list of dates we will be conducting
interviews. It would be extremely helpful if we could have your request by
Monday, October 31st.

Invites so far: UCSD, UCSF, OHSU, Denver, Arizona, Phoenix Children's

Still waiting: Wash, Oakland, Stanford, CHLA, UCLA

Anybody else checking their email 500x per day?? :)

Finally - just got UVM (Vermont). The northeast border states have been kind. :)

I'm couples matching so I applied to more than average, but here's my list...

Interviews offered: Med College of Wisconsin, Cleveland Clinic, Rainbow Babies, CHOP, Baylor, UTSW, Mayo, UAB, UVA, University of Chicago, Denver, Miami, Indiana, Wake Forest, Vanderbilt, Cincinnati, Wash U, Arkansas, and Michigan

Still waiting to hear from: Hopkins, Boston Children's, Children's Memorial in DC, and Northwestern

Whew.

USeF said:
Hmm, that's funny. I got this e-mail today from Hopkins. Note the bolded line. Definitely a roller coaster of an e-mail!

I got the same email from Hopkins.

Got my first reject today - CHOP :(

The good news - I got CHOC when I called to see if I might coordinate it with UCI. The bad news is they'd cancelled the interview date that worked! Oh well, I'm still happy. :)

Would anyone mind posting or PMing Harbor-UCLA interview dates? Thanks in advance!

Lara said:
Would anyone mind posting or PMing Harbor-UCLA interview dates? Thanks in advance!

This is what they said in the interview invitation e-mail, "Interviews will be held Wednesday through Friday in November, starting on Wednesday, November 2nd. Interview dates are also available in December as well as January."

Hope this helps!

Children's National in DC sent an offer minutes ago -- on a Saturday (!) and, oddly enough, _before_ Dean's Letters go out. (I thought they were one that waited until after.)

11 applications, 10 offers, 1 still in limbo.

So far:
Northwestern, U of C, UIC, Wash U, UT southwestern, Yale, Albert Einstein

Waiting on 17 more--haven't heard a peep from California yet =(

Thanks Mr. Annoying, just wanted to see if there were specific dates.

No email from Children's National. :( And I doubt my Dean's Letter can help all that much, but I'll have to see. I hate the waiting!

I wouldn't be super stressed about not having gotten that email yet, I have gotten interviews days/weeks after they were first postd here. Also, it may have to do with when apps were submitted, or last names/ERAS ID numbers.

So I just got the CNMC interview and its definitely my first choice (I'm interested in child advocacy as a career). I submitted an application for an externship Friday night bc I got scared that I may not get an interview. Do you think I just got the interview bc of the externship app? Should I still do an externship? I have heard of those horror stories where people meet the one person they don't get a long with on externships and then get screwed.