-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Who's taking/taken UF's Veterinary Pharmacy class?
Started by pharm B
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
What do you want to know? It is a popular elective here and the amount of work required is "not excessive".
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What do you want to know? It is a popular elective here and the amount of work required is "not excessive".
Eh, I was just trying to see if anyone had any pointers, or if I might "know" some of my classmates from here.
Eh, I was just trying to see if anyone had any pointers, or if I might "know" some of my classmates from here.
I didn't take it myself because it is not a part of our block tuition, but I know several people that have. They all say good things. It is not a hard class and if you have any interest in learning about that aspect of pharmacy you should enjoy it. 👍
Seems like an interesting class, but I'd rather keep two months worth of rent and utilities.
A few classmates took it the summer before P2 year to get an elective out of the way early. I figured why bother paying another school tuition when I'm already paying my school for electives whether I take them or not? So I took all my electives at my own school. Classmates said it was super easy though.
Seems like an interesting class, but I'd rather keep two months worth of rent and utilities.
A few classmates took it the summer before P2 year to get an elective out of the way early. I figured why bother paying another school tuition when I'm already paying my school for electives whether I take them or not? So I took all my electives at my own school. Classmates said it was super easy though.
The biggest reason I'm doing it now is to get my electives over and done with. Nice part about being done with P2 year? Being halfway done with the formal classroom setting FOREVER.
The biggest reason I'm doing it now is to get my electives over and done with. Nice part about being done with P2 year? Being halfway done with the formal classroom setting FOREVER.
If you're done with the P2 year, aren't you 2/3 of the way done with the formal classroom setting?
Unless school started in the spring semester, he's most likely 1/2 done with P2, which would be 1/2 through didactic.If you're done with the P2 year, aren't you 2/3 of the way done with the formal classroom setting?
I took the class between P1 and P2 year
Pros:
I love animals! 😍 Got to learn a little about a lot of different treatments
Very much learn at your own pace
Questions are straight from the material. You should get an A
That A counts towards your GPA (unlike other electives we have)
Got 2 credits done and out of the way over the summer. My 3PD year was sweeeeet
Cons
May be difficult to set up the required shadowing. For me it wasnt because I knew a vet tech, but youll have to basically find someplace that will let you hang out.
The $1500 🙄
Not a lot of OTC stuff in the course but I asked about it on the side and got good info
Pros:
I love animals! 😍 Got to learn a little about a lot of different treatments
Very much learn at your own pace
Questions are straight from the material. You should get an A
That A counts towards your GPA (unlike other electives we have)
Got 2 credits done and out of the way over the summer. My 3PD year was sweeeeet
Cons
May be difficult to set up the required shadowing. For me it wasnt because I knew a vet tech, but youll have to basically find someplace that will let you hang out.
The $1500 🙄
Not a lot of OTC stuff in the course but I asked about it on the side and got good info
There is a big hole in your argument. While you are sitting at home over the summer doing your elective, I am getting paid. And I still didn't cough up the 1500.Yeah the class costs 1500 bucks but while you are sitting in your electives at school during the school year I am at work getting paid, so it all equals out in the long run.

If you're done with the P2 year, aren't you 2/3 of the way done with the formal classroom setting?
Sorry, I was kinda excited about being halfway done P2 year. I got overzealous. 😳
Glad to hear the course is a good one. I'm especially curious since we have 3 animals in the house. I have a friend who's a vet tech, so I think she might be able to hook me up with the shadowing bit.
Thanks for all the info everybody.
Sorry, I was kinda excited about being halfway done P2 year. I got overzealous. 😳
Glad to hear the course is a good one. I'm especially curious since we have 3 animals in the house. I have a friend who's a vet tech, so I think she might be able to hook me up with the shadowing bit.
Thanks for all the info everybody.
I really think the words under your user name should read "ho ho BEEP!". It's a minor change, but I think it would flow better.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really think the words under your user name should read "ho ho BEEP!". It's a minor change, but I think it would flow better.
I threw that door open 🙁

I threw that door open 🙁![]()
Also, use commas instead of periods.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 3K