Who's taking the PCAT again in January?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starsweet

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone?

I can't decide. :( I really want to see my score first, but I know we can't.

Members don't see this ad.

starsweet said:
Anyone?

I probably will. But I hate to spend all the money on the test and a hotel room again.

Members don't see this ad :)
I live in the 2nd largest city in Georgia yet there's no testing center here. Go figure. I had to stay in Atlanta.

I live in a small town and the test center is 1.5 hours away. I could get up early and drive but it would probably stress me out and make me tired.

I will be taking it again in Jan. I feel I did poorly on this one. In Jan. I will be better prepared and atleast I will know what to expect.

what there's no time to see your scores on this oct one before the deadline for signup for the jan one?!?!?

I'd like to take it again, just on account of all the calculus problems I'd study more for. UF's deadline for applications is February 1, so if I took the January test, would they get the scores in time?

vicky336 said:
what there's no time to see your scores on this oct one before the deadline for signup for the jan one?!?!?

Whhhaaat?
:wow:

Well I'm thinking by the time we get our scores (especially with the Wilma folks taking it a week later), the test centers would have been almost filled up, since the deadline is December 9. I know that if I'd waited till the last minute to register for the October test, I wouldn't have been able to take it cuz all the testing centers were mostly all full (at least in Georgia). I don't know about the ones that were further away (like Valdosta and Lawrenceville) but Atlanta, Athens, and Statesboro were all full.

starsweet said:
I live in the 2nd largest city in Georgia yet there's no testing center here. Go figure. I had to stay in Atlanta.

You must live in Augusta, right? That's crazy that there's no testing center there b/c it's so far away from everywhere. I'm from Columbus, which doesn't have one either, but Auburn, AL does & that's only 35-45 minutes away, so I lucked out.

You are correct... :D actually the closest center to Augusta is Statesboro, but the hotels there were all full cuz of their homecoming game, and it was the same situation with Athens.

my friend told me that you would receive your score after the deadline to register. so by that time, if you have to take it again, you would pay a late fee..which is around $50. if you register now and you cancel later, you'll only get a partial refund but you'll get your preference of location. either way, we lose money. i went ahead and registered.

Those bastards at harcourt. They screwed people last year. Some Oct 04 test taker got their result in the 1st or 2nd week of Dec. I got my Nov 04 2 weeks before my Oct result. I had to pay the late fee for the Jan 05 test and had to travel 3.5 hours to the next closest test site. I know some people traveled from NY to NC that winter weather day. As I remembered clearly, they cancelled serveral test centers alone the northeast states due to the snow storm. I guess fork over the money now and not worry about traveling.

ill be taking it again im sure i can do better this time knowing what to expect

First time im taking the exam, and what sucks about it is that i live in chicago and i have to take the exam in milwaukee, wi because the testing centers here area all full :/

starsweet said:
Anyone?

hehmuhfunyeh ill be there in january. I'll have to take in january to avoid sending in a 25% composite.

Okay so hopefully I scored higher than that, but I know I didn't score very well on this one.

deadline for Jan 2006 is Dec 9, 2005 (online). Take em now while it is still $105. Last year was $85. Next year will be an arm and a leg.

I have just registered for PCAt for the Jan. 21 after much consideration. I wish this will be the FIRST AND THE LAST time for me to take it but oh well, anything goes.