Why all the negativity at podiatryforum website?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newpodude

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
that site is filled with miserable pods, pod students. Is this profession really that bad?

Members don't see this ad.

I honestly would love an answer to this question too. Man, those guys are just bitter about Podiatry

What is the exact site you are referring to in your post?

Members don't see this ad :)
Network54 is known for being overly negative.

i'm not sure why they are so pissy over there. every practicing podiatrist i have met has told me how glad they are they went into podiatry, etc, etc.

some people will not be happy no matter what they do... but why the negativity is centered on one site (there is minimal negativity on here compared to network 54) i can not answer.

i stopped reading network 54 a long time ago. its a bunch of whiners.

for some reason my shift isnt working and i cant capitalize... maybe i should have gotten a mac ;)

I just saw this posted on the Network 54 forum. :/

"R U Recruiting?by Anonymous (no login)
I've got a 1.8 GPA (non scinecs) what are my chances? I'm good with pepels and have community skills where I volunteered a few times.

What's your honest opinion?"

Oh goodness...

I just saw this posted on the Network 54 forum. :/

"R U Recruiting?by Anonymous (no login)
I've got a 1.8 GPA (non scinecs) what are my chances? I'm good with pepels and have community skills where I volunteered a few times.

What's your honest opinion?"

Oh goodness...

Psh, clearly just a troll.

I'm not quite sure who these people are but the forum has been around since before I was in podiatry school. I found it one day while in undergrad and it really freaked me out. I asked a podiatrist that I had been shadowing and he said, "I guess the bottom line is that those that fail at anything are often eager to blame it on something other than themselves."

I'm not trying to generalize but I feel that most MD/DO programs consist largely of motivated individuals. The few "bottom dwellers" that exist will be in trouble in the end. One inherent issue with podiatry school is that it is statistically easier to get into than the MD/DO programs. By nature, this will cater to some who are a bit less motivated. Unfortunately, it is not easier to get through. So there will be a higher percentage of pods who don't make it through (after taking out loans), can't pass boards, get booted out of residency, etc. Or they get through but make insanely bad decisions about jobs, practicing, etc. I have seen all of those scenarios. Dare I say that these are the people that make up forums such as Network54?

If you are a motivated, hardworking individual, you will do well. I'm happy with where I am as most of my friends from school are as well. But if you're looking for an easy way to become a doctor and make lots of money, you'll have to look somewhere else.