Why are people submitting extra LOR now

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slimdentshady

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
I noticed several people mentioning that they are sending a LOR to schools now, this late in the cycle. Could someone give me an insight why one would do that?
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure but maybe they are planning for the upcoming cycle?

Hello!
I noticed several people mentioning that they are sending a LOR to schools now, this late in the cycle. Could someone give me an insight why one would do that?
Thank you!
Don't think they're sending LORs but rather Letters of Interest or Letters of Intent
Letter of Interest - when you've heard nothing from a school and really want to get an interview, you write a letter about how interested you are in their program. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't.
Letter of Intent - when you've been waitlisted at a program, you write a letter about how if you were accepted, you would 100% without a doubt enroll at that school, because you're that serious about the program. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't.

Depending on the situation, it doesn't hurt to try and send these letters, which is probably what people are doing since this cycle is basically over and they're hoping to get a last-min interview (some schools might still be doing them) or to get off a waitlist & not have to reapply/attend a school they don't want to.