Why are these people outside in their white coats?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mentos

Half full member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The pharmacy is inside. Why are they out in a field?
Screenshot_20200825-050745~2.png

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
It's a picture of them in 5 years. There are no pharmacies with job openings for them. There is no pharmacy for them to be inside. They have only nature. And their white coats.

• Haha
Reactions: 28 users
In all seriousness, can we just call it what it is? If you graduated after like 2014 or so, you are suspect. I'm not saying you are dumb, I'm just saying that you are more likely to be. Getting into school from 2002ish to about 2011 was hard. Like med school hard. For a solid 5 year period, it was easily more difficult to get into pharmacy than dental school.

And I can see it in the interns we have come through. They can't remember **** they "learned" last Spring. I used to just get random drugs as they came up and ask my interns what they do, what receptors they act upon, what side effects you'll see. Back in the day, they were all like walking encyclopedias. Now they can't tell me how freaking metoprolol works. And I'm talking kids in rotations, months away from sitting for the NAPLEX.

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In all seriousness, can we just call it what it is? If you graduated after like 2014 or so, you are suspect. I'm not saying you are dumb, I'm just saying that you are more likely to be. Getting into school from 2002ish to about 2011 was hard. Like med school hard. For a solid 5 year period, it was easily more difficult to get into pharmacy than dental school.

And I can see it in the interns we have come through. They can't remember **** they "learned" last Spring. I used to just get random drugs as they came up and ask my interns what they do, what receptors they act upon, what side effects you'll see. Back in the day, they were all like walking encyclopedias. Now they can't tell me how freaking metoprolol works. And I'm talking kids in rotations, months away from sitting for the NAPLEX.

You get interns overnight?

Looks green-screened to me

Getting into pharmacy school stopped being hard long before 2011.

Reactions: 1 users
View attachment 316875

Haha - your becoming more and more cynical as the days go on. Welcome to our world, everywhere you look you see fake masquerade. Almost nothing in the public is real anymore. Especially advertisement.. Have you not noticed this?

Get rid of your T.V. It is full of mind-numbing ads....telling you what to think, what to buy.

"Things you own end up owning you"

Do you know what a duvet is?

Reactions: 1 user
View attachment 316875

Because the school is trying to sell the school based on its location in "the picturesque mountains on ne Tennessee" So, if you lack critical thinking skills you will select a college degree based on fall foliage not potential job prospects or quality of instruction.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Because the school is trying to sell the school based on its location in "the picturesque mountains on ne Tennessee" So, if you lack critical thinking skills you will select a college degree based on fall foliage not potential job prospects or quality of instruction.

This thread is cracking me up

They are giving shots duh

Members don't see this ad :)
Clearly they are unemployed and homeless. Using their white coat to keep them warm.

Reactions: 4 users
They are getting desperate.

Can you imagine a medical school advertising no MCAT? LoL.
I know some Caribbean schools do not require MCAT but... I heard it's difficult to get back to US and land residencies once you've been down there lol. At least they'll pass their boards and find a job eventually.

I mean no PCAT?! I'm gonna assume NAPLEX passing rate is going to plummet even further... oh lord. CVS will somehow find a way to hire these fools who couldn't pass NAPLEX and make them work for $10/hr.

Not seeing their online ads as much. I think they have gotten the message and suspended their ads. I wonder where else they were advertising? Anyone seen?

Its obvious why they are in a field full of fallen leaves. This will be their career in 4 years when they graduate. Professional at raking fallen leaves.

• Haha
I know some Caribbean schools do not require MCAT but... I heard it's difficult to get back to US and land residencies once you've been down there lol. At least they'll pass their boards and find a job eventually.
There's a physician that went to a Caribbean school in my neighborhood. He has a business where he sees patients over Webex and evaluates them for state marijuana cards. I looked him up. Charges $200 for a 15 minute appointment. Do ten of those a week and you are making 6 figures.

Could you imagine how awesome of a lifestyle that must be?

Too bad for him they're going to legalize it for recreational use here eventually, but I envy the dude right now.

Reactions: 3 users
They are getting desperate.

Can you imagine a medical school advertising no MCAT? LoL.

I agree. The saddest part: the school probably paid an ad firm to come up with this marketing.

Must be the same ad agency that came up with this.

Its obvious why they are in a field full of fallen leaves. This will be their career in 4 years when they graduate. Professional at raking fallen leaves.

Have you paid for a fall clean up before? It's easily $150+ for an hour of work!

Not seeing their online ads as much. I think they have gotten the message and suspended their ads. I wonder where else they were advertising? Anyone seen?

The ad is still there for me.

LoL we have singlehandedly made them remove the "NO PCAT" heading

Screenshot_20200826-003027~2.png

• Love

Yup, I barely squeaked into Touro. Got rejected from LIU, Jefferon, LECOM, and a bunch of other schools, was already enrolled in my Fall semester classes at LIU but switched to Bio, and literally first day of school, I got the call from Touro that they took me off the waiting list.

Have you paid for a fall clean up before? It's easily $150+ for an hour of work!
There lies the problem. Professors spend 4 years teaching students how to rake in leaves, when in reality they need to be taught how to rake in dough...

There's a physician that went to a Caribbean school in my neighborhood. He has a business where he sees patients over Webex and evaluates them for state marijuana cards. I looked him up. Charges $200 for a 15 minute appointment. Do ten of those a week and you are making 6 figures.

Too bad for him they're going to legalize it for recreational use here eventually, but I envy the dude right now.
I would get in touch with him and set up shop. Dispense marijuana legally.

I would get in touch with him and set up shop. Dispense marijuana legally.

The state only allows so many dispensaries. Believe me, if it were open season and anyone could launch a dispensary, I'd probably go for it. If I used the amount of hustle and customer service demanded at CVS, I could whip the **** out of the hippies we got trying to run a business around here. Most retail pharmacists could.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
That ad makes me suspect that the Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy at East Tennessee State University may be a diploma mill.

that is a brilliant ides - If he is even smarter - he does a 40 hour work wee - takes 8 weeks vacation and pockets 1.4 million - then at least when it crashes and is legalized - he is set for life -

That ad makes me suspect that the Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy at East Tennessee State University may be a diploma mill.
From people I know from the state - they do not have a good reputation.

I mean no PCAT?! I'm gonna assume NAPLEX passing rate is going to plummet even further... oh lord. CVS will somehow find a way to hire these fools who couldn't pass NAPLEX and make them work for $10/hr.
Yes, it is a 50% chance of matching into a residency including the big 4 Caribbean MD.

Caribbean degrees are usually just as useless as current pharmacy degree..

haha... i'm sure there is more you can do with an MD than a PharmD even if it's from the Caribbeans...

In most cases people who end up in Caribbeans:

a) can’t get into us md/ do schools

b) have wealthy parents who help them with the expense so their kids can become “doctor”.

This has been my observation. They have very hard time matching into Us residency program.

haha... i'm sure there is more you can do with an MD than a PharmD even if it's from the Caribbeans...
Not with STEP1 being pass and fail. STEP1 was way to show Carribbeans are competitive for US residency programs. But they can still compete for Family Medicine at least if you attend the Big 4. If you attend the Big4 Carribbean MDs, your chance is 50% for US residency, where as Some bottom tier Carribean MDs, your chance is 10% for residency.

Have seen nurses wear white coats in hospitals.. where A lot of doctors now dont and are wearing just scrubs.

Have seen nurses wear white coats in hospitals.. where A lot of doctors now dont and are wearing just scrubs.
I never wear my white coat. In the ED no docs wear white coats. on the floor the docs do during the day most of the time, but rarely at night

Reactions: 2 users
I never wear my white coat. In the ED no docs wear white coats. on the floor the docs do during the day most of the time, but rarely at night

I didn't even want to wear my white coat when I was working retail chain. It only restricted movement and made it harder to grab bottles and use the counting tray.. Not like customers cared or were willing to wait for their meds if they say a dude with a white coat.

I didn't even want to wear my white coat when I was working retail chain. It only restricted movement and made it harder to grab bottles and use the counting tray.. Not like customers cared or were willing to wait for their meds if they say a dude with a white coat.

At Kroger we were required to wear the white coat as part of our uniform. Supposedly people aren't able to distinguish us from techs if we aren't wearing a white coat.

At Kroger we were required to wear the white coat as part of our uniform. Supposedly people aren't able to distinguish us from techs if we aren't wearing a white coat.
it depends on the store. I remember my rotation in Kroger. Only the interns wore white coats. Neither the manager nor the staff nor the floaters wore white coats

it depends on the store. I remember my rotation in Kroger. Only the interns wore white coats. Neither the manager nor the staff nor the floaters wore white coats

I think it's a KMA thing. In the KMA I used to work for we had to wear white coats and the techs wear these God awful blue smocks. They honestly look like mechanics. However, I know in the Columbus KMA the techs get to wear scrubs.

Screenshot_20200922-035616~2.png

They're getting desperate for applicants now.