Why do people get flamed on this forum for asking relevant questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't see why everyone is bitching. Almost every question that can be asked has already ready been asked at least a dozen times here. Asking someone to use the search function before they post would make this forum a deadland.

Members don't see this ad.

It's wild to see the immaturity level of some of these people and there going to be doctor's. :shrug:, I guess its just human nature

Members don't see this ad :)
You're grammer is horrible, bro.
spelling-cat-spelling-cat-grammar-demotivational-poster-1215799181.jpg

heh heh heh....heh heh heh...HEH HEH HEH....HEH HEH HEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HEH! HEH! HEH! HEH! HEH! HEH! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH!!! HEH HEH HEH!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH! EH EH EH HAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. inb4cucumberban

2. There's only one cat pictured. Is Dissociative Identity Disorder Cat both Grammer Cat and Spelling Cat?

14a1aa5c-91b2-4559-b1b9-52f40b233f75.jpg

You are a good friend. I love when something gets put into something else so I can lol while I lol.

Damn this thing blew up, but I'll add this just for fun

3172600731_4b0d5a485d.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
lol i just got an B+ in chem am i screwed for med skool lol

This thread makes my morning so much better.

I understand being frustrated OP; I've been there. But you just gotta let it go because it doesn't matter. It really just doesn't matter.

I just want to say that Dice456's avatar kicks a**. Steve Asheim rules. :horns:

Honestly, the population of helpful posters is quite small on SDN. It is the same people answering questions again, and again. Without these people, SDN would be a useless, hot mess. Unfortunately, even these helpful posters patience wears thin.

Eventually, helpfulness :)... gives way to annoyance :rolleyes:... gives way to confusion of why people ask the same stupid crap without doing their own research, after all we are only talking about our careers :confused:... finally, the end result is anger :mad:, quelled by humorous mockery :p:smuggrin:.

Edit: Also, sometimes people need to learn just how clueless they really are. See the "funny quote..." thread to see the kind of people that need this type of therapy.

Cross my heart, this is not just on SDN. The mom boards I post on... it happens there, too, as apparently the first trimester often comes hand-in-hand with losing the ability to Google crap for yourself. One can only take so many people panicking about whether they can paint their fingernails/take a bath/eat cheese whiz (is it soft cheese?!!?)/fly on an airplane/drink water with lemon in it (because the lemon has acid... I'm not kidding, these are all questions I've seen) before you stop responding with, "I'm pretty sure you'll be fine," and start with, "Go for it. My kid's tail was easily removed and we're teaching her to only use her telekinesis in private."

That was my own response to one of the nail polish threads recently. I was proud of it. :oops:

Funnier because it's obvious that has become a fantastic forum-specific meme. An Oculus can't be ethereal; it's a ring!

LOL! Around there, the meme is "fingernail of feta." Some girl posted freaking the **** out because she'd eaten a piece of feta cheese in a salad, about the size of a fingernail. She already made herself vomit and was wondering if that would be enough. Everyone was like... :eyebrow:

Note: The worry is that the soft cheese may not be pasteurized, which could be a listeria risk. Thing is, most cheese in this country, including soft cheese, is pasteurized, and there are only about 700-800 listeria cases/year in this country that are pregnant women. There are something like 6 million pregnancies in this country every year (4 million live births, 2 million miscarriages/stillbirths/terminations/etc.). Do the math. Listeria hysteria (Copyright: Geekchick921) is rampant on that freakin' board.

Of course, that doesn't beat the girl that thought she was supposed to keep taking her birth control WHILE SHE WAS PREGNANT because she didn't want Irish twins. And she was insistent that Irish twins where when you got pregnant while you were still pregnant. It was epic.

Last edited:
That was my own response to one of the nail polish threads recently. I was proud of it. :oops:

As you should be. It made me LOL, and it probably made other moms LOL, too. Well, probably not ones asking the nail polish question. :smuggrin:

Lulz indeed. This thread makes eating cold pizza for lunch at work so much more enjoyable.

Don't want to ruin the effective trolling that has gone on in this thread but, I wonder if I'm the only one that has a problem with bumped threads that are years old? I know we tell users to use the search function before posting, but could a reason that people dont go to those threads instead is that they're years old and its possible that certain things have changed in the time since those threads were made? I'm aware of the redundancy involved in the application process, but I probably wouldn't find information in a thread started in 2008/9 as pertinent now. /rant

Okay, now you can continue with the trollz

Don't want to ruin the effective trolling that has gone on in this thread but, I wonder if I'm the only one that has a problem with bumped threads that are years old? I know we tell users to use the search function before posting, but could a reason that people dont go to those threads instead is that they're years old and its possible that certain things have changed in the time since those threads were made? I'm aware of the redundancy involved in the application process, but I probably wouldn't find information in a thread started in 2008/9 as pertinent now. /rant

Have things changed that much since 2009? For the most part, no.

Have things changed that much since 2009? For the most part, no.

You are right in that 2 years may not be that much of a time difference, but there are some threads that have started around 05/06 and I would say that 5-6 years is a fair amount of time before i feel the need that a new thread would be in order. And there's always the possibility that something can change in as little as one year (as the additions to the AMCAS app for the upcoming cycle has shown).

was expecting this
Dancing_Troll.gif

but yours works too :)

Pretty sure they haven't. The same **** happens year in/year out. I find it funny reading threads with the same title and different author. :laugh: Just wait for this summer; try to see how many titles appear that are almost identical to last summer's titles. Or how many people ask about a schools secondary prompt instead of using the official secondary thread for that school. :thumbdown:

There's a difference between a thread that is years old (for example, a specific question about AMCAS might not be relevant anymore) and a thread that has just fallen off the front page (such as, "Do I need to go to HMS to have a shot at a good residency?). The former is likely to result in a respectful response along with maybe a little bit of good natured ribbing, while the latter will result in hardcore flaming because A)Nobody cares and B)The question was answered literally a week ago.

I guess the OP has decided to leave SDN. Oh well.

Cross my heart, this is not just on SDN. The mom boards I post on... it happens there, too, as apparently the first trimester often comes hand-in-hand with losing the ability to Google crap for yourself. One can only take so many people panicking about whether they can paint their fingernails/take a bath/eat cheese whiz (is it soft cheese?!!?)/fly on an airplane/drink water with lemon in it (because the lemon has acid... I'm not kidding, these are all questions I've seen) before you stop responding with, "I'm pretty sure you'll be fine," and start with, "Go for it. My kid's tail was easily removed and we're teaching her to only use her telekinesis in private."
Lol, nice! I always wondered how the mutants in x-men got started...

Why can't we all just get along?

lol'ed so hard when I saw your avatar...lol. i thought I was the only one who thought that white girl was an awkward duckling

This thread is awesome... especially considering I've seen some of really immature questions by OP on physician-scientist. Now, OP wants to share the cynicism on SDN (oh no!). Some pictures in this thread are ballin..

This thread is awesome... especially considering I've seen some of really immature questions by OP on physician-scientist. Now, OP wants to share the cynicism on SDN (oh no!). Some pictures in this thread are ballin..

Yeah, this is one of those threads that when you're online for it when it starts getting warmed up and popping, you can't help but continuously refreshing.