Why do some schools take forever to send out II's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asdf123g

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Its just so odd to me that these schools have months to prepare for interview season and they know its coming and then know when, but then they get thrown off schedule (from a interviewee standpoint). does it say about the institution if they push things back several months while other schools are able to stay on time? Are some schools trying to grab MD rejects (or MD applicants who panic and apply DO as back up) to inflate their stats perhaps?

This is half rant half actually wondering why this is.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
i feel like a child who did something wrong and is now getting grounded :(
@oOKawaiiOo : whats the reason?

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL, no youre not in trouble.

If schools are taking their time to prepare for interviews, that will give you more time to prep and sharpen your interview skills. I wouldn't worry about what THEY'RE doing, worry about what you can do to be a better candidate for the schools you apply to.

Reactions: 1 user
*sigh*

Patience is a virtue; the need for instant gratification is not.

My own school gets > 5000 apps. Drexel gets > 14000. Given them all time to work their way down the pile to yours.

Its just so odd to me that these schools have months to prepare for interview season and they know its coming and then know when, but then they get thrown off schedule (from a interviewee standpoint). does it say about the institution if they push things back several months while other schools are able to stay on time? Are some schools trying to grab MD rejects (or MD applicants who panic and apply DO as back up) to inflate their stats perhaps?

This is half rant half actually wondering why this is.

Reactions: 1 users
LOL, no youre not in trouble.

If schools are taking their time to prepare for interviews, that will give you more time to prep and sharpen your interview skills. I wouldn't worry about what THEY'RE doing, worry about what you can do to be a better candidate for the schools you apply to.
ah, i see the advantage there. However, Im curious why some schools are so delayed while others are able to be on time since they have months to prepare and know when app seasons coming. I know schools are busy with their entering classes but its something that happens every year, they know its coming, but some schools are able to be on time while others, historically speaking, seem to never be on time.

I know for some schools, the committees that sort out the applications and responsible for sending secondaries are the same ones that do the same duties for other programs such as PA and such.

Because many schools aren't receiving letters of recommendation that have been sent through AACOMAS. AACOMAS should fix this by the end of august

I'm still waiting on an ii or rejection from NOVA. I submitted July 2014......

Reactions: 1 users
Touro- NY hasn't even sent out secondaries yet. Breathe.