Member 870

The Member...
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2007
The Mid-South
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
This is the question that pretty much every applicant gets asked. So why do you, members of the SDN forums, want to be a doctor?

About the Ads

NickRiviera

MS-Never
10+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2007
Springfield, IL
Status (Visible)
$, why else?
new4_good.gif

Gospe1

10+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Because I can't stand having MR. in front of my name

About the Ads

Timmythemic22

Beep Beep Ribby Ribby
10+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2004
NJ
Status (Visible)
This is the question that pretty much every applicant gets asked. So why do you, members of the SDN forums, want to be a doctor?

So I can move to the Allo forum permanently and finally rid myself of these beaten-to-death topics.

Good job, troll.

pyrois

10+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2006
Berkeley, CA
Status (Visible)
So I can move to the Allo forum permanently and finally rid myself of these beaten-to-death topics.

Good job, troll.

I'm 100% certain, that if I take the threads from each application cycle, that every thread that exists this year, has existed every year past.

Wheel of Time anyone? Nobody? Fine.

In any case, there's nothing wrong with repeat threads. They happen every year with every thread and every poster.

HannahDH

Immunologist
10+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2007
New Jersey
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Because becoming a doctor, I can not only have the knowledge of medicine but also can save lives even outside of work. I would know what to do right away

gotmeds?

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
So that I no longer have to look on SDN for answers to steal for my interviews.

But of course, I'm sure that wasn't the OP's intent. Pre-meds have far too much integrity for that sort of thing.

About the Ads

Auron

Cruisin' the Cosmos
10+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
because a caduceus materialized in my cerial. It was at that point that I knew I wanted to be a doctor

IWant2BeADoctor

License to Matriculate
10+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2007
Maryland
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
There are many reasons. First and foremost is that you have the privelage of helping people.:) The nature of the job is another reason, being a Doctors is a very challenging position you constantly have to adjust and push yourself to the limit and beyond.

The high pay and social prestige are just bonuses.

IWant2BeADoctor

License to Matriculate
10+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2007
Maryland
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
In terms of pay Doctors don't get paid much at all until they finish their residencies. I think residency is something like 40k a year for 3 years. As for hours must doctors work 50+ hours a week.

junqu

10+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
the answers I gave to different schools:

So I can do boob jobs

My favorite TV show is Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman

So I can play doctor with you

junqu

10+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Because becoming a doctor, I can not only have the knowledge of medicine but also can save lives even outside of work. I would know what to do right away

what is this stock and reflexive in your interviews?

About the Ads

LeafNinja

10+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Because I want to be Dr. House, minus the limp. That does not look too fun.

Anyways my real answer, yeah mostly I want respect from people.

future_dr_house

10+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
holy crap! I've never thought about that question. Maybe I really don't want to go into medicine :eek:

Member 870

The Member...
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2007
The Mid-South
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical

Good job, troll.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to troll. I'm new to the forums, and figured I should try to start more threads. Next time I'll put more thought into a topic before I post it. Maybe I'll even check if it's been done before...

gsmithers68

10+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
pizza for lunch everyday.... I can't wait for interest groups! Oh and hot smart girls. I pretty much am doing it for the ladies. :cool: :cool:

GoLAClippers

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2007
Status (Visible)
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to troll. I'm new to the forums, and figured I should try to start more threads. Next time I'll put more thought into a topic before I post it. Maybe I'll even check if it's been done before...

You sure about that? I don't mind if you steal my answer for your interview: So that I can get laid with that hot secretary you guys hired at the admissions front desk, Dr. X. Could you please get me her number? ;)

Neelesh

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Because being a business major is too hard.

EBI831

legend in the making
10+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2006
Chi-town royalty
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
(1)so i can self-medicate. (2) b/c my dad says he'll buy me a car and a house when it's through (3) b/c my older brother said stay in school as long as possible and med school + residency is pretty long (4) b/c i think i'd look adorable in scrubs (5) so if i get pulled over for speeding, i can use my white coat as an excuse (6) oh and so i can help people just enough to ensure that they keep coming back to give me paydirt.
DISREGARD 2-6.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.