why do you want to be a vet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You know if I was a guy going into food animal medicine, I'd have a great answer for the original "Why do you want to be a vet?" question.

"So I can meet chicks." :laugh:

Yeah that was dumb, but I'm tired.

Members don't see this ad.

pressmom, they're cute little dogs so don't get me wrong, getting one from a shelter is great! the money you pay goes back into the shelter system and will usually cover shots, worming, and spay/neuter. Breeders usually just say that they vaccinated the dog (and then the owners get mad when we want written proof) and they let the owner worry about everything else. Not all breeders are bad, but the ones that charge a ridiculous amount for a 'mix' dog usually are a bit shady.

Nyanko... seriously? $600? Wow, I've never heard of a maltipoo (or similar) go for that much! Then again, it seems like a lot of the regular breeds still stay at $400 and under. Maybe I live in a cheap area?

Members don't see this ad :)
$600 would be a steal where I live! People pay more for their "designer dogs" than they do for purebreds. A maltipoo averages around $1200, with costs topping out a little over $2000.

Because I want to drive one of those Mercedes SUVs like all the other rich, money-grubbing large animal vets who only make $0.25/head for preg checking dairy cows. (that's what my brother in law hears)

Because I love working in the snow at 230 AM on Christmas eve with food animals and I can't stand to work inside a building that has walls AND a roof.
(that's what Orthonut actually says-seriously. I think I've been squeezed and kicked one too many times in the chute)

Maltipoo? Is that something that poops more than once per day?

Now I'd pay you $1200 if you could produce a UniPoo or a Zeropoo. Maybe even more