1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Why do you want to go to this school?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by zach1201, Jul 20, 2006.

1. zach1201

zach1201 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

How do you people generally answer this prompt for secondaries? I always try to research the school if I don't have a very personal reason for going to the school. I've been thinking that they must get a lot of these types of essays though.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Law2Doc

Law2Doc 5K+ Member
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Every school likes to think they offer something different. They want to see that you've researched the school and have a better answer than location. Focus on curricula offerings, missions and other things that may set the school apart from the rest.

4. DropkickMurphy

DropkickMurphy Membership Revoked
    Removed

Other Health Professions Student
    "I want to attend *insert name of school* because it offers a degree that allows me to practice medicine in the United States. Oh and your focus on something about serving rural communities that have a shortage of family practice docs really caught my eye too. *insert name of school*'s proximity to beaches full of tanned women with loose morals, tight clothing and high levels of intoxication played a very small role in my decision making process as well, just so I'm being completely honest." :laugh: :smuggrin:

5. Law2Doc

Law2Doc 5K+ Member
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I assumed that by pre-allo the OP wasn't considering the carribean. But if so, then the above certainly applies. :D

6. DropkickMurphy

DropkickMurphy Membership Revoked
    Removed

Other Health Professions Student
    Well.....I was thinking more along the reasons why I'm applying to Hawaii......