zach1201

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2006
Status (Visible)
How do you people generally answer this prompt for secondaries? I always try to research the school if I don't have a very personal reason for going to the school. I've been thinking that they must get a lot of these types of essays though.

Law2Doc

5K+ Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
zach1201 said:
How do you people generally answer this prompt for secondaries? I always try to research the school if I don't have a very personal reason for going to the school. I've been thinking that they must get a lot of these types of essays though.

Every school likes to think they offer something different. They want to see that you've researched the school and have a better answer than location. Focus on curricula offerings, missions and other things that may set the school apart from the rest.

DropkickMurphy

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2005
A bar room in Mombasa drinking gin
Status (Visible)
  1. Other Health Professions Student
"I want to attend *insert name of school* because it offers a degree that allows me to practice medicine in the United States. Oh and your focus on something about serving rural communities that have a shortage of family practice docs really caught my eye too. *insert name of school*'s proximity to beaches full of tanned women with loose morals, tight clothing and high levels of intoxication played a very small role in my decision making process as well, just so I'm being completely honest." :laugh: :smuggrin:

About the Ads

Law2Doc

5K+ Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
DropkickMurphy said:
*insert name of school*'s proximity to beaches full of tanned women with loose morals, tight clothing and high levels of intoxication played a very small role in my decision making process as well

I assumed that by pre-allo the OP wasn't considering the carribean. But if so, then the above certainly applies. :D

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.