Why does my epic on my ipad in windows?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ladysmanfelpz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking for some tech advice for rotations. I've gone to the ipad pro and desktop set up, gone with the laptop. Thing is with my first rotation uses epic. I installed the horizon client on both my ipad and mac at home. What is weird is on both devices, it was loading up in windows. Now the newer mac's can run windows well, but was still slower and a pain, but I figured out how to fix it and have it load on apple OS. However, when trying it on the ipad pro it still loads in windows, which I didn't even know an ipad could do 😲. My ipad is the smaller one, and not being tuned to the ipad makes it kind of hard to use. Anyone know a fix to this? Or is this how it is designed, that it has to run on windows?

Thanks for the help everybody.

Members don't see this ad.

Looking for some tech advice for rotations. I've gone to the ipad pro and desktop set up, gone with the laptop. Thing is with my first rotation uses epic. I installed the horizon client on both my ipad and mac at home. What is weird is on both devices, it was loading up in windows. Now the newer mac's can run windows well, but was still slower and a pain, but I figured out how to fix it and have it load on apple OS. However, when trying it on the ipad pro it still loads in windows, which I didn't even know an ipad could do 😲. My ipad is the smaller one, and not being tuned to the ipad makes it kind of hard to use. Anyone know a fix to this? Or is this how it is designed, that it has to run on windows?

Thanks for the help everybody.
Horizon is a desktop virtualization application. Horizon allows your Mac products to access what amounts to a virtual PC loaded with Windows.

When you use Horizon, you're connecting to a virtual desktop. Epic runs only on Windows. Your hospital uses a Windows virtual desktop that you're connecting to. It doesn't matter what kind of computer or tablet you're using, Mac or PC, you will always see Windows because that's what their visual machine is running.

TL/DR: You're connecting to a remote Windows virtual desktop at your hospital.

Reactions: 1 user