Why does this forum suck?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Merely

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
GI is a great field but this forum is super dead compared to many of the others. Is it just because there aren't that many GIs that are registered to SDN? Or are you guys too cool to post on the internet? Or even worse, are you too busy? Hmm...

Members don't see this ad.

GI is a great field but this forum is super dead compared to many of the others. Is it just because there aren't that many GIs that are registered to SDN? Or are you guys too cool to post on the internet? Or even worse, are you too busy? Hmm...

way to busy to post. We do try to help out when asked questions, but GI and building application for it are too heavy.

Reactions: 1 user
Dude I was wondering the same thing the other day. There's no reason this forum cannot be as active as the other ones. The busy excuse kind of sucks because there are a ton of specialties just as busy with a lot more action. Building an application for GI stops someone from posting on SDN? lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Those of us who have made it, have made it.

Not a lot of questions being asked on up and comers it seems.

Reactions: 1 user
Those of us who have made it, have made it.

Not a lot of questions being asked on up and comers it seems.
Still... a lot of people who have made it in other awesome specialties still discuss a variety of topics on their forum.

Think of how those of us relegated to "other subspecialties" feel :(

Reactions: 1 users
Still... a lot of people who have made it in other awesome specialties still discuss a variety of topics on their forum.

Not a lot of activity or posts, doesn't lead people to sticking around. Last 2 posts I added to are dead.

I like to think its because we are all so happy and satisfied with our jobs.

Not a lot of activity or posts, doesn't lead people to sticking around. Last 2 posts I added to are dead.

I like to think its because we are all so happy and satisfied with our jobs.
Yea that's his question though. Why is it so dead?

Too competitive? Everyone just keeps their mouth shut and their head down I suppose.

Sorry I was too busy scoping.
Jokes aside, When I applied 2 years ago, this forum was a lot more active. I guess this is not the prime time yet. wait till may or so.

Yea that's his question though. Why is it so dead?

Too competitive? Everyone just keeps their mouth shut and their head down I suppose.

Sorry I was too busy scoping.
Jokes aside, When I applied 2 years ago, this forum was a lot more active. I guess this is not the prime time yet. wait till may or so.

Also, if you are actually in GI, the AGA forums are reasonably active with posts about case questions and general discussion. Lots of "big names" regularly reply to questions.

Also, if you are actually in GI, the AGA forums are reasonably active with posts about case questions and general discussion. Lots of "big names" regularly reply to questions.
Interesting. The problem is you cannot **** post and mess around on AGA lol

Not only the above reasons, but by the numbers GI has less fellows annually than a lot of fields i.e. roughly half as many GI fellows per year compared to cards