Why is there fever with renal cell carcinoma?

Started by mofonyx
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mofonyx

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As the thread title states, I'm curious to why there would be fever with renal cell carcinoma?

A bit odd to have fever with cancer, is it not? Unless I am absolutely daft here.

Please enlighten me, thanks!
 
As the thread title states, I'm curious to why there would be fever with renal cell carcinoma?

A bit odd to have fever with cancer, is it not? Unless I am absolutely daft here.

Please enlighten me, thanks!

I dont think it's unusual to have fever with cancer.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As the thread title states, I'm curious to why there would be fever with renal cell carcinoma?

A bit odd to have fever with cancer, is it not? Unless I am absolutely daft here.

Please enlighten me, thanks!


Renal cell carcinomas and several other specific carcinomas (breast carcinomas, osteosarcomas) are associated with the production of the cytokine TNF-alpha (TNFA) [in addition to TGF-Beta], formerly known as cachexin. TNFA is pyrogenic.