Why is there SO MUCH ORGO on the new MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nemourspremed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why is there so much orgo on the new MCAT?
I thought the emphasis of the new MCAT was going to shift towards more Biology and Biochemistry but I'm seeing organic chemistry questions pop up everywhere on Next Step and TPR FL exams. Is it just the exams I'm using, or do the AAMC FL/real MCAT also have this much orgo? I was neglecting studying for Orgo because I figured other subjects were a lot more high yield and I don't have time to get into all the content.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Why is there so much orgo on the new MCAT?
I thought the emphasis of the new MCAT was going to shift towards more Biology and Biochemistry but I'm seeing organic chemistry questions pop up everywhere on Next Step and TPR FL exams. Is it just the exams I'm using, or do the AAMC FL/real MCAT also have this much orgo? I was neglecting studying for Orgo because I figured other subjects were a lot more high yield and I don't have time to get into all the content.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
There are four subcategories. The chemistry/Physics is just one part.

Neglecting studying ochem? That's blasphemy. Ochem is love, ochem is life.

Ochem is actually not too much content. You just know the transfer of electrons and let the beauty express itself in birth of products that are to be compared to nothing less than creations of Da Vinci, Picasso, or the elusive Van Gogh.

Reactions: 1 user