Why isn't this place more like pre-allo?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
But pre-allo has some of the most interesting threads you can imagine! So many trolls and neurotic pre-meds!

case in point...

If the human body is fascinating but you don't care about people, then why not become a PhD instead? Remember, sick people are looking to you for hope and answers. If you don't care then you're cheating them out of the compassion they need.

so many flaws in logic i wonder how said individual dresses him/herself in the morning

Members don't see this ad.

yea...that kinda implies that PhDs are heartless individuals like Dr. Frankenstein...

yea...that kinda implies that PhDs are heartless individuals like Dr. Frankenstein...
Aren't we? :smuggrin: ;)

It always amazes me how premeds think you can be successful in research without being able to get along with people. Like you're going to be locked up alone in a lab, no coworkers, no colleagues, no funding agencies, no department chairmen, etc. to deal with. Just you and the body parts that your hunchback assistant grave-robbed for you. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Why isn't this place like pre-allo?

I tried to say that doctors are NOT the most amazing people...they are only a portion of what makes up healthcare...scientists make the discovery and doctors utilize it... And I get flak for not respecting doctors...

Why isn't this place like pre-allo?

I tried to say that doctors are NOT the most amazing people...they are only a portion of what makes up healthcare...scientists make the discovery and doctors utilize it... And I get flak for not respecting doctors...
Did you say that in PA? If so, you can't be surprised that you'd get that kind of rxn. :laugh: ;)

Why isn't this place more like Pre-allo?

You'd never know from reading the threads here- 99% seem to be from pre-meds.

Not trying to be a hater... but I haven't really visited this thread in a while since I find few threads that actually comprise of MD/PhD topics... other than visiting programs and dealing with applications.

Yea...but I do like how nobody attacks another person on these threads... Pre-allo is ruthless...

Seriously! Research was my recreational activity in college and often, sadly, my Friday night date :cool:. And let's face it, contrary to medicine, no one does research "for the chicks" ;)

This guy who worked in my lab (now working for his PhD at Wake) actually got into research for the chicks...this hot girl in his biochem class asked him for help with her research and he agreed. Apparently she posed for Maxim later, so she wasn't just hot but apparently life-changingly hot.

Two things:

1) I like that you quote your own posts and carry the convo on by yourself when no one else is around. :laugh:

2) I especially like that you are now debating about how to wash the glassware. :D

Don't feel bad. I have tons of holey shirts and jeans from chem lab too. Though I threw a bunch of them out when I started med school. :(

Acid cleaning is irritating. Half my shirts (or more) have little holes in them just below my navel.