"why our school"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentdavis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
delete.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
deleting because you deleted first.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey jeffity can I join your School of Dental Medicine? please? :xf:

Yes. 13,00 seats available for everyone to join. I'll send you a t-shirt so your parents believe you.

You win for knowing better and for not taking it seriously.

Yes. 13,00 seats available for everyone to join. I'll send you a t-shirt so your parents believe you.

You win for knowing better and for not taking it seriously.

YAY! AcCePtEd!! :banana: So may I have permission to add it as my signature?

Why did you take down ur sig? We should get a posse going

I don't know why it's not showing. It's still on my account. Just know people may hate you because it's apparently the most immature thing ever conceived in the history of man and some people actually believe for a moment that there is indeed a school...and they've already sent acceptances for class of 2016 just 2 weeks after the cycle opened.

I don't know why it's not showing. It's still on my account. Just know people may hate you because it's apparently the most immature thing ever conceived in the history of man and some people actually believe for a moment that there is indeed a school...and they've already sent acceptances for class of 2016 just 2 weeks after the cycle opened.

haha I :love: the internet !

Okay so I actually wanted to go ahead and ask this question. For schools that ask on their secondaries "why our school" what did you guys put?

I've only come up with the obvious: location, price, class size, clinic vs. research-based, etc etc.

Are there things anyone mentioned that stood out or they believe was a smart thing to write??
I'm only asking because some schools I don't have as much knowledge about but still don't want them to think I don't take their school seriously. I want my application to be just as strong everywhere...but I want to write more than just what is said on their school website.

THANK YOU!

Okay so I actually wanted to go ahead and ask this question. For schools that ask on their secondaries "why our school" what did you guys put?

I've only come up with the obvious: location, price, class size, clinic vs. research-based, etc etc.

Are there things anyone mentioned that stood out or they believe was a smart thing to write??
I'm only asking because some schools I don't have as much knowledge about but still don't want them to think I don't take their school seriously. I want my application to be just as strong everywhere...but I want to write more than just what is said on their school website.

THANK YOU!

I really don't think people with really good answers will share them. Personally, I possess some awesome information about schools, which during an interview or secondary application essay will apparently show my knowledge, insights and authentic interest in a school, providing me the edge to separate myself from other applicants.

I'll share other general info freely, but not this proprietary info. It's too valuable and something I painstakingly attained through my own homework and research.

Nice try at fishing though.

Good luck.

Last edited:
The "why our school" can be answered very politically even if you don't know too much about the school. For example:

-If a school has a reputation for strong clinical years (detroit mercy, temple, buffalo, etc), you can talk about that. Say you wanna get the most out of your clinical training and attending a school that (for example buffalo) has a 30,000 patients per year gives you alot of practice before graduation. (by the way, that 30k number is a fact)

-If a school is heavy on research (Harvard, U of Mich, etc), you can talk about your interest in research (especially if you've done research in undergrad) and you'd like to continue to get involved

-If a school is neither (not research nor clinical heavy ~ reputation wise) you can talk about..... its location lol. Nova is like a tropical island as opposed to Detroit mercy or Temple (middle of ghetto)

-What about relatives / loved ones who live in that city.

thanks dentalworks!!!
i appreciate your advice and will def keep that in mind! those are some of the things I was leaning towards.

-dentdavis