Why PCOM - Georgia Campus?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrHate

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could anyone help me answer the why choose to attend PCOM Georgia Campus?

I'd really appreciate any inputs!!

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't apply to a relatively new school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed there last year and they had some great stuff planned for the school. I guess it depends on how tightly the main campus holds the leash.

However, the South is pretty ignorant towards DOs, so I don't know what type of clinicals they may have lined up.

DrHate said:
Could anyone help me answer the why choose to attend PCOM Georgia Campus?

I'd really appreciate any inputs!!

Thanks!!
OP,
I just interviewed at GA-PCOM and there are some really cool things about the school. The new facility they have just finished contructing is phenomonal. The anatomy lab and OMM labs are really nice and the technology is just what'd expect at a brand new school. All the lectures will be filmed and avaliable for review online (audio & visual) you can teleconference with students or for certain lectures in Philly, and some of the faculty at ga-pcom have come from pcom, kcom, and kcumb so no lack of experienced profs. There clinical skill training area is exceptional and all the students are very friendly and seem fairly close. Class size for last year and this years class is 86 students which is pretty small and I really like that about the school as well (although they eventually want to expand the entering class size to 120 when they get everything they want in place). Clinical Clerkships wont be to much a problem I don't think since they school is taking advantage of a previously exsisting network of hospitals and doctors office all over the south (osteopathic institute of the south. don't have a good web page but you can contact them for specific clinical sites). They have a full gym with cardio and weight machines and they are getting in free weights and arobics stuff. They will also have Grad students from Ga-Tech come twice a week as personal trainers. The school isn't in Atlanta (about 15-20minutes outside) which means you don't have to deal with traffic daily but you have access to the city whenever you want. Those are all the things I really liked about it. There are the obvious cons though. No matter how good the faculty or cirriculum or clinical sites, you still have no board score pass rates or match lists to look at and that's just a tough downside to overcome if you have other options. Anyway, hope this helps a bit. PM me if you have any questions that I might be able to answer.