Why why why why why!? *crys*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

BeatrixKiddo

I can't help it. Physiology is the most interesting, easy, sencicle subject I've encountered. But yet I feel like throwing up while studying for it because I picture my arrogant lab TA's and instructor writing up the worst test they can think of. I hate them! They are the spawn of satan. I can't even describe their evilness. I just.. can't.. .They shouldn't be teaching me physiology they should be riding low riders in some underpriveleged ghetto and getting their eyebrows waxed.

True, I'm failing because I don't study. But I don't study because I hate the teacher and TA's. It's too late for motivational crap, I only have the finals left. Why is my hatred for the intructors affecting me so much?

Members don't see this ad.

iiiiiiiiiiiiiii dooooooooooooooooooooooontttttttt wwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnntttt 2222222222 sssssssstuuuuuuuuuuuuudyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

iiiiiiiiiiiiiii dooooooooooooooooooooooontttttttt wwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnntttt 2222222222 sssssssstuuuuuuuuuuuuudyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Good luck with that?

Members don't see this ad :)

Okay, listen to me carefully and follow these steps:

1. Click the red X at the right top of your screen.
2. Shut down your computer.
3. Lock computer in closet.
4. Open physiology book.
5. Study.
6. Study more.

Okay, listen to me carefully and follow these steps:

1. Click the red X at the right top of your screen.
2. Shut down your computer.
3. Lock computer in closet.
4. Open physiology book.
5. Study.
6. Study more.

I have a television. I tried watch TV and studying at the same time. I just can't. I feel like nothing matters. I mean my other subjects, I don't have this problem, I actually like studying for those. But for phsyiology I feel like I'm alone in a cold dark cave. =(

Oh and Susan, your blog is so cute!

I have a television. I tried watch TV and studying at the same time. I just can't. I feel like nothing matters. I mean my other subjects, I don't have this problem, I actually like studying for those. But for phsyiology I feel like I'm alone in a cold dark cave. =(

Oh and Susan, your blog is so cute!

I feel ya. Had so many bad teachers and TAs in my life, its a true demotivator. This is what you have to do, (although ultimately it is left with you studying your book).

1. You need to turn off all stimulus while you study, either in your house or simply go to the library.

2. Take a long, peaceful walk and dun think about any except organizing how you will study physio (and dun strain yourself) and this does not include a walk to the mall, etc.

3. When you think your relaxed enough, go to a very, very quite room.

4. Jug a gallon of caffeine (but not enough to make you jittery), your pre-med so your an expert on how much :)

5. Now try reading with a notebook in your hand. First time write everything you need to memorize (which is ALOT). At this point you prob will feel sick and tired of the material, but will make it alot easier for the second time you go around studying it.

6. Second time around you will just need to study like a chineese man on crack.

*Most of my class were consist of lectures that prof said, "read this this and that and ill see you at the test date, good luck." Now thats a demotivator.

I usually ask a friend to drop me off at campus and pick me up at a certain time with no phone on me. This way im a left to do nothin but study.

I feel ya. Had so many bad teachers and TAs in my life, its a true demotivator. This is what you have to do, (although ultimately it is left with you studying your book).

1. You need to turn off all stimulus while you study, either in your house or simply go to the library.

2. Take a long, peaceful walk and dun think about any except organizing how you will study physio (and dun strain yourself) and this does not include a walk to the mall, etc.

3. When you think your relaxed enough, go to a very, very quite room.

4. Jug a gallon of caffeine (but not enough to make you jittery), your pre-med so your an expert on how much :)

5. Now try reading with a notebook in your hand. First time write everything you need to memorize (which is ALOT). At this point you prob will feel sick and tired of the material, but will make it alot easier for the second time you go around studying it.

6. Second time around you will just need to study like a chineese man on crack.

*Most of my class were consist of lectures that prof said, "read this this and that and ill see you at the test date, good luck." Now thats a demotivator.

I usually ask a friend to drop me off at campus and pick me up at a certain time with no phone on me. This way im a left to do nothin but study.

Sounds brilliant. Thanks for sympathizing. I probably should have starting thinking about this earlier, but I couldn't bring myself to think about it. Maybe I'll wake up early tomorrow and do this. Thanks!

Hang on, I'm calling the...
waaaambulance-23284.jpg

Wow you certianly have a situation...

But I don't agree- stimulation is great. I tend to study with trance music blaring in my ears- keeps me up and into it. Also- deactive facebook. I swear doing so launched my grades back up last year.

Good luck with physio. and Ha the wahmbulance is awesome.

haha. i cant believe you brought back the wahmbulance

Don't your professors give lecture notes? I would have never made it through Physiology without lecture notes. Orgo either for that matter. I never had to crack my text book. Most of my teachers said the text should be a reference guide and nothing more.

Members don't see this ad :)

You should probably hang out with me, instead.

Why are you copying MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

Do you want to hang out, too?

We could get manicures.

Don't your professors give lecture notes? I would have never made it through Physiology without lecture notes. Orgo either for that matter. I never had to crack my text book. Most of my teachers said the text should be a reference guide and nothing more.
We have TONS of lecture notes. The TA's like to use all material except what's on the lecture notes. Honestly, some of the stuff on the tests is not even from that class. They pick small details that aren't important, but the TA is an EMT so he basically makes the tests from what he learned in EMT school or some crap like that. But oh well, lab is over. I might have to just retake the class.

You should probably hang out with me, instead.

I'd love to babe. Woohoo manicure party!!

he'd probably just curse you out for getting accepted anywhere, and sob about how the whole process is unfair....

Just an idea... *snicker*

Heh... It's ok. I haven't gotten in anywhere. Can't hate me for succeeding.

dopaminesurge, i have to ask- with stats like yours how did you NOT get into those top schools last year? the reason i ask is because i only applied to like 10 schools too, so that definitely makes me nervous. i have similar states, and somewhat similar ECs...did you stab your interviewers with ice picks or something? you've seriously started to freak me out...

dopaminesurge, i have to ask- with stats like yours how did you NOT get into those top schools last year? the reason i ask is because i only applied to like 10 schools too, so that definitely makes me nervous. i have similar states, and somewhat similar ECs...did you stab your interviewers with ice picks or something? you've seriously started to freak me out...

I think it was lack of clinical exposure... Note that at that point I hadn't done 6 mos. of volunteering/shadowing and hadn't been to Ethiopia. I mean, I probably would have gotten in somewhere, but not Harvard/Yale/UCSF.

I think it was lack of clinical exposure... Note that at that point I hadn't done 6 mos. of volunteering/shadowing and hadn't been to Ethiopia. I mean, I probably would have gotten in somewhere, but not Harvard/Yale/UCSF.
I would have to agree with you there dopamine. Some schools are looking for some pretty outstanding clinical experiences...

Also, I'm betting you're going to be hearing some amazing news in the next week or so :)

lol your profile freaked me out too btw...I tried commenting on it but mdapps told me there was a mail server failure (go figure).

Now I feel like I won't get in anywhere since my stats aren't even close lol.

I would have to agree with you there dopamine. Some schools are looking for some pretty outstanding clinical experiences...

Also, I'm betting you're going to be hearing some amazing news in the next week or so :)

Too sweet. I think another "Thanks jessy erin" thread's in order. Should I do it myself?

Probably.

But how do I get him to take off his clothes?

Tell them you spilled acid on his pants, so he'd better throw them off asap.

We could make this a business. People will pay us to undress their objects of lust, we throw acid on them.

Tell them you spilled acid on his pants, so he'd better throw them off asap.

We could make this a business. People will pay us to undress their objects of lust, we throw acid on them.
no post in my honour is necessary... :)

Typical that premeds would try to get laid in the lounge.

Hell, besides med school, what else is there?
I was drawing attention to the fact that people would try and get laid in the Lounge, which is an internet forum, as opposed to in real life... hehe

I was drawing attention to the fact that people would try and get laid in the Lounge, which is an internet forum, as opposed to in real life... hehe

Beatrix and I aren't trying to get laid. We're just starting up the revolution.

damn, dopamine, too bad you're a west-coaster.

Ahh...touche. My internets smarts is low.

Well... this thread has taken several interesting turns.. :]