• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

Ihateverbal

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2006
Status (Visible)
Im OOS with 29R and 3.8 GPA

I've been waiting for quite some time. I have an interview at Michigan State soon and was wondering if I should call Wayne to ask if they are going to offer me an interview since I will be in the area?

What do you guys think?

bananaboat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2005
Status (Visible)
i'm still possible interview with a 31 and a 3.87

i felt i had great ecs/essays (heck i got an invite at mayo!)

About the Ads

StringerBell

It's the final countdown!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2007
CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student

I've been waiting for quite some time. I have an interview at Michigan State soon and was wondering if I should call Wayne to ask if they are going to offer me an interview since I will be in the area?

Conventional wisdom seems to be that Wayne is interviewing candidates with MCAT scores in the 28-29 range, currently. But that appears to be in-staters, from everything I read.

I don't blame you for wanting to coordinate your interviews for the sake of travel, though I doubt that Wayne will try to make any particular special accomodations. As nice as they are, I think it will likely be difficult for them to arrange that for you with the number of applications they have to look over.

Tyronebiggums

10+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I got accepted out of state and my gpa is lower but my mcat is higher. I think it just depends. Also they have entire interview days devoted to out of staters. Everyone on my interview day was OOS. Just be patient but do realize the standards are higher for out of staters, at least according to the student I stayed with at Wayne.

Robizzle

1K Member
10+ Year Member
May 28, 2006
Boston & NYC
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Conventional wisdom seems to be that Wayne is interviewing candidates with MCAT scores in the 28-29 range, currently. But that appears to be in-staters, from everything I read.

Would just like to clarify that it's not just instaters, just in case that information is somehow valuable :)

TMP-SMX

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician

What do you guys think?

How did you manage to get an interview at MSU as an out of state student? You must have said primary care at every other word in your PS. Other than that, it's worth a try to give them a call, but unless soon is at least a few weeks away it may be difficult for you to get all of the paperwork. For Wayne you may need a higher MCAT than that since you are OOS to be a shoe in for an interview, but it's quite possible.

Ihateverbal

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2006
Status (Visible)
You are funny...I just privated you by the way

my AMCAS activites are about 5/15 teaching related...so i emphasized alot of teaching...i also have alooooot of expeience working with the underserved.

bananaboat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2005
Status (Visible)
yah actually, I have an interview there in mid-march and I'm a 28R-er and not out of state, but out of country (Canada). Go figure.

hello, i'm also canadian, and you can read my stats above. when were you complete at wayne? i was complete first week of jan, but my status is still "possible interview". so i'm kind of confused....

Stolenspatulas

10+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical

What do you guys think?

i would contact them since you are swinging by the area (maybe dont specifically tell them that you are having an interview in the area). its getting sort of late in the season, desperation knows no bounds.

Falco2525

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
i would contact them since you are swinging by the area (maybe dont specifically tell them that you are having an interview in the area). its getting sort of late in the season, desperation knows no bounds.

I concur...what do you have to lose

senioritaelena

Let's go
10+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
hello, i'm also canadian, and you can read my stats above. when were you complete at wayne? i was complete first week of jan, but my status is still "possible interview". so i'm kind of confused....

Hey, I was complete in mid Jan and offerend an interview like 1 week after they got my 2ndary.

hb2998

15+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Yep.. Rejected Post Secondary as well. I love how they say that we're a great applicant because we received their secondary. I didn't turn in their secondary on time.. Oh well.. Definitely not a dream school.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.