Why won't Wayne State Interview Me Already?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ihateverbal

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im OOS with 29R and 3.8 GPA

I've been waiting for quite some time. I have an interview at Michigan State soon and was wondering if I should call Wayne to ask if they are going to offer me an interview since I will be in the area?

What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

i'm still possible interview with a 31 and a 3.87

i felt i had great ecs/essays (heck i got an invite at mayo!)

maybe it's your sub-30 MCAT :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)

I've been waiting for quite some time. I have an interview at Michigan State soon and was wondering if I should call Wayne to ask if they are going to offer me an interview since I will be in the area?

Conventional wisdom seems to be that Wayne is interviewing candidates with MCAT scores in the 28-29 range, currently. But that appears to be in-staters, from everything I read.

I don't blame you for wanting to coordinate your interviews for the sake of travel, though I doubt that Wayne will try to make any particular special accomodations. As nice as they are, I think it will likely be difficult for them to arrange that for you with the number of applications they have to look over.

I got accepted out of state and my gpa is lower but my mcat is higher. I think it just depends. Also they have entire interview days devoted to out of staters. Everyone on my interview day was OOS. Just be patient but do realize the standards are higher for out of staters, at least according to the student I stayed with at Wayne.

Conventional wisdom seems to be that Wayne is interviewing candidates with MCAT scores in the 28-29 range, currently. But that appears to be in-staters, from everything I read.

Would just like to clarify that it's not just instaters, just in case that information is somehow valuable :)

yah actually, I have an interview there in mid-march and I'm a 28R-er and not out of state, but out of country (Canada). Go figure.

What do you guys think?

How did you manage to get an interview at MSU as an out of state student? You must have said primary care at every other word in your PS. Other than that, it's worth a try to give them a call, but unless soon is at least a few weeks away it may be difficult for you to get all of the paperwork. For Wayne you may need a higher MCAT than that since you are OOS to be a shoe in for an interview, but it's quite possible.

You are funny...I just privated you by the way

my AMCAS activites are about 5/15 teaching related...so i emphasized alot of teaching...i also have alooooot of expeience working with the underserved.

yah actually, I have an interview there in mid-march and I'm a 28R-er and not out of state, but out of country (Canada). Go figure.

hello, i'm also canadian, and you can read my stats above. when were you complete at wayne? i was complete first week of jan, but my status is still "possible interview". so i'm kind of confused....

What do you guys think?

i would contact them since you are swinging by the area (maybe dont specifically tell them that you are having an interview in the area). its getting sort of late in the season, desperation knows no bounds.

i would contact them since you are swinging by the area (maybe dont specifically tell them that you are having an interview in the area). its getting sort of late in the season, desperation knows no bounds.

I concur...what do you have to lose

hello, i'm also canadian, and you can read my stats above. when were you complete at wayne? i was complete first week of jan, but my status is still "possible interview". so i'm kind of confused....

Hey, I was complete in mid Jan and offerend an interview like 1 week after they got my 2ndary.

i actually got rejected post secondary....bleh

Yep.. Rejected Post Secondary as well. I love how they say that we're a great applicant because we received their secondary. I didn't turn in their secondary on time.. Oh well.. Definitely not a dream school.