why's does uop have such a low gpa avg?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

needpharmd

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
isn't uop one of the schools w/ the highest # of applicants? just wondering why their avg accepted gpa is so low.
 
probably because their applicants are strong in other areas. ? or maybe others with higher GPA's rather choose a better location for school?

yeah, what is their gpa this yr?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You think 3.4 is low? really? sounds like my kind of school. I thought you were going to say something like 2.7 or in the 2's. Where is is "UOP"? University of..?
 
MALA: UOP is the University of the Pacific in the city of Stockton north of California🙂
 
I think UOP prefers well grounded students who already had BS/BA degree .Thus, majority of people with good GPA ( like above 3.6, 3.7) who applied to UOP are either at sophomore/ junior level or still at local community college.
 
i knew UOP was at 3.1 a few years ago but I didn't know it was still so "low". I would think all schools avg gpa have been rising.

and UOP is in a ghetto, small, really boring town of Stockton.
 
Thanks Kiki- I was thinking it was Pittsburgh - I was way off geographically.
 
the current first year's avg gpa was a 3.4. Dr. Flo gave a presentation during the beginning of the year.
 
Is that 3.4 cumulative or science?
Cuz I've got a cumulative gpa higher than that buy q sci gpa a bit lower than 3.4 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad