why's does uop have such a low gpa avg?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

needpharmd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
isn't uop one of the schools w/ the highest # of applicants? just wondering why their avg accepted gpa is so low.

Members don't see this ad.

what is the average gpa?

probably because their applicants are strong in other areas. ? or maybe others with higher GPA's rather choose a better location for school?

yeah, what is their gpa this yr?

Members don't see this ad :)
You think 3.4 is low? really? sounds like my kind of school. I thought you were going to say something like 2.7 or in the 2's. Where is is "UOP"? University of..?

MALA: UOP is the University of the Pacific in the city of Stockton north of California:)

I think UOP prefers well grounded students who already had BS/BA degree .Thus, majority of people with good GPA ( like above 3.6, 3.7) who applied to UOP are either at sophomore/ junior level or still at local community college.

i knew UOP was at 3.1 a few years ago but I didn't know it was still so "low". I would think all schools avg gpa have been rising.

and UOP is in a ghetto, small, really boring town of Stockton.

Thanks Kiki- I was thinking it was Pittsburgh - I was way off geographically.

the current first year's avg gpa was a 3.4. Dr. Flo gave a presentation during the beginning of the year.

Is that 3.4 cumulative or science?
Cuz I've got a cumulative gpa higher than that buy q sci gpa a bit lower than 3.4 :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Isn't UOP the school that cares more about your pre-req GPA than your cGPA?