Wife of Potential Resident (Failed Step 1 twice)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

florence1990

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
In need of some support/advice on how to handle the stress of being married to someone who has failed the step 1 twice (passed the 3rd time with decent score) and is currently studying for Step 2 (written and practicial). I know I have a bit of a control problem anyway but this is driving me to the point where I am not sure what to do.

I am pregnant with our first child and am due right before he finds out if he matched. It is now beginning of November and he has one interview offer for a psych residency. I feel like I am going to break if he does not get any more interviews or if he doesn't match. We are both in debt. I am currently the only one working. On top of this, he does not seem as motivated to study as other med students I have seen in the past. Is there anyway for me to help him? Is there anyone out there with any advice on how I can stay calm? Other options besides residencies in terms of paying off debt?
 
Hello,
In need of some support/advice on how to handle the stress of being married to someone who has failed the step 1 twice (passed the 3rd time with decent score) and is currently studying for Step 2 (written and practicial). I know I have a bit of a control problem anyway but this is driving me to the point where I am not sure what to do.

I am pregnant with our first child and am due right before he finds out if he matched. It is now beginning of November and he has one interview offer for a psych residency. I feel like I am going to break if he does not get any more interviews or if he doesn't match. We are both in debt. I am currently the only one working. On top of this, he does not seem as motivated to study as other med students I have seen in the past. Is there anyway for me to help him? Is there anyone out there with any advice on how I can stay calm? Other options besides residencies in terms of paying off debt?
I'm sorry you are feeling this way but remember , the most important thing you can do for your husband is support him emotionally as if he feels that you believe in him he can do anything :O, is weird but man are like that , if they feel that the wife believes in them they can conquer anything 😉.
Hope all works out good for both of you and blessed delivery 🙄