Will 1 bad grade significantly affect you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

californiamed

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to confirm.. did anyone get a "C+" in a science prereq and still get accepted to medical school? I just received my FIRST EVER C+ with my last prereq (bad way to end, I know). I've gotten A/A-, 3 B's and my science gpa is around a 3.60..

Members don't see this ad.

I got into medical school and I had a fail and many Cs. They weren't in any pre-reqs though, so you're probably screwed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just wanted to confirm.. did anyone get a "C+" in a science prereq and still get accepted to medical school? I just received my FIRST EVER C+ with my last prereq (bad way to end, I know). I've gotten A/A-, 3 B's and my science gpa is around a 3.60..

No. It's one C+, not 3D's or F's, and you have a 3.6 science. You will be just fine. Now, prepare yourself for the imminent flaming.

:beat:

the best solution in situations like this is always to panic. then, to help bring yourself down, start a new thread in pre-allo.

no. actually, it's to use the search function.

Hey just wanted to tell you that I got a C+ in the summer after my freshman year and I was worried like you are now, so I understand where you are coming from. But I've been accepted to a school that I'm quite happy with, so you really don't need to worry, just keep working hard and good luck.

I got a C in a pre-req and got 13 interviews and 3 acceptances thus far.

It's been a while, but...

I had a C in Organic II
I had a C in Cell Bio
I had a C in Calc I
I had a D in Calc II

That's it for prereqs, I think.

Good MCAT and ECs can forgive a lot.

thank you guys. it's just that I was extremely panicky when I saw my grade (I never would have thought because I thought I did decent on the final). thanks for the positive feedback, everyone (well most everyone :p)

you are dead man pack it up and become a janitor and then go to Devry

I had 4 W's, 2 f's many C's a couple of D's

and I got in. although a flawless post bacc and non traditional status helped me out.

one bad grade or a couple will not hurt you.

Cheers

3 C's total and I am in medical school (2 were in pre-req chem courses and 1 was in a math course)... it isn't that big of a deal if everything else is good.

No, nothing can in its individual sense ruin you for medical school unless it's a criminal offense of some sort. Even failing a single class isn't gonna affect your chances if you do well otherwise.