Will a B in english comp 2 inhibit you from getting in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Uafl112

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a B in English comp 2 my first semester of college. How big of a deal will that be when considering admission into med school? not a lot?

Members don't see this ad.

No it won't affect anything if everything else looks good.

Someone start a neurotic thread to piggy back on the panic thread.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Won't completely rule you out, but will probably make it harder. If I were on an adcom and I saw that, it would definitely be a huge red flag for me. Think about it. Why would I accept someone with a B in a simple English class when I can choose from the hundreds and hundreds of other applicants who got A's like they're supposed to? However, if you got a 12+ on verbal I could let it slide.

Last edited:
Yep. You're done, son. I'd start looking into other career paths, like the service industry or mastering the use of search functions.
FFK.jpg

Last edited:
In my English class only about a sixth of the class got A's out of 60ish people. So I thought this would be a common question, but guess my class was an anomaly.

But anyways no...it won't kill your chances.

Change your major asap and drop pre-med. Then at least you'll be able to do something with your life.

Yep. You're done, son. I'd start looking into other career paths, like the service industry or mastering the use of search functions.
FFK.jpg

Not even, these careers require knowledge of english...clearly OP lacks this