Will a B in english comp 2 inhibit you from getting in?

Uafl112

5+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2013
Status
Medical Student
I got a B in English comp 2 my first semester of college. How big of a deal will that be when considering admission into med school? not a lot?

rfvbnmju

5+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
No it won't affect anything if everything else looks good.

IncognitoGuy

life of leisure
7+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2011
Status
Resident [Any Field]
No.

gettheleadout

MS-4
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2010
Status
Medical Student
I got a B in English comp 2 my first semester of college. How big of a deal will that be when considering admission into med school? not a lot?
It's New Year's not April Fools.

Reactions: Med_Fit and nemo123

Akali

5+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2012
Status
Medical Student
Won't completely rule you out, but will probably make it harder. If I were on an adcom and I saw that, it would definitely be a huge red flag for me. Think about it. Why would I accept someone with a B in a simple English class when I can choose from the hundreds and hundreds of other applicants who got A's like they're supposed to? However, if you got a 12+ on verbal I could let it slide.

Last edited:

Mad Jack

Critically Caring
5+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2013
4th Dimension
Yep. You're done, son. I'd start looking into other career paths, like the service industry or mastering the use of search functions.

Last edited:
Reactions: XY Nurse

Longshot6

5+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2013
Library
Status
Pre-Medical
In my English class only about a sixth of the class got A's out of 60ish people. So I thought this would be a common question, but guess my class was an anomaly.

But anyways no...it won't kill your chances.

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
No, but hangnails will.

College18

One Light
Oct 28, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
Change your major asap and drop pre-med. Then at least you'll be able to do something with your life.

EvenStevens

Renaissance Man
5+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
Yep. You're done, son. I'd start looking into other career paths, like the service industry or mastering the use of search functions.
Not even, these careers require knowledge of english...clearly OP lacks this

Reactions: Mad Jack