Will accepting/paying deposit at one school hurt my chances...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amaranthyn

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone ~ I'm sure this has been answered somewhere on here, but I can't find the answer I'm looking for! :confused:

I just received interview invitation offers from 2 pharmacy schools. One is for the end of this month, and the other will be in November. I know that some schools have deadlines to accept and pay a deposit, but I'm still waiting/hoping to get interviews at my top choices. Unfortunately, some schools say on their websites that they don't send out interview invites until December/January.

My question is this: if I go to these interviews and get accepted, will it hurt my chances to receive an interview at the other schools? I believe PharmCAS allows all programs to see how many schools you have received acceptance from and how many you have accepted. Will the other schools see that I have accepted and paid a deposit for another school and then decide not to offer me an interview? I know I haven't gotten accepted yet :cat: but I'm trying to prepare just in case!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone ~ I'm sure this has been answered somewhere on here, but I can't find the answer I'm looking for! :confused:

I just received interview invitation offers from 2 pharmacy schools. One is for the end of this month, and the other will be in November. I know that some schools have deadlines to accept and pay a deposit, but I'm still waiting/hoping to get interviews at my top choices. Unfortunately, some schools say on their websites that they don't send out interview invites until December/January.

My question is this: if I go to these interviews and get accepted, will it hurt my chances to receive an interview at the other schools? I believe PharmCAS allows all programs to see how many schools you have received acceptance from and how many you have accepted. Will the other schools see that I have accepted and paid a deposit for another school and then decide not to offer me an interview? I know I haven't gotten accepted yet :cat: but I'm trying to prepare just in case!

I personally believe it's the opposite.

I was in the same situation last year. I was invited for interview for my last choice. After getting my acceptance.. I started getting more interviews. Luckily, I didn't have to pay any deposit since the timeline fitted perfectly.. I would say secure a seat at one school; better than regreting not paying the deposit..

Best of luck!