Will AMCAS accept these?

Started by 040111333
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

040111333

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you think AMCAS will accept these courses as science? I know they are not listed in the catalog, but since they are science-related, I was wondering if I could consider them as factored into the sGPA…

ENGH (English) Natural Science Synthesis course - basically write a research proposal and study research design in a field of bio, neuro, chem or physics; designated as ENGH

CDS (computers) - class is called computing for scientists and we learn matlab and statistical techniques that future scientists and medical professionals would use to interpret data; designated under computers
 
Agreed with above. Although you could try listing the latter of the two as "math" and see if it would pass, but that's even a stretch.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have gotten courses similar to the first one accepted as BCPM but they were 100% biology and usually involved a substantial amount of biology literature.