Will having a Bachelors in Pharmacy increase my chances of getting into Med.Sch.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UBCvan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am in Canada

here we can get the bachelors of pharmacy before PharmD.

I was just wonderin if having the bachelors of pharmacy will increase my chances of getting into medical school.
in other words, is that important to them when evaluating my application ;or it's no different than having any other bachelors?

(I am sayin that since the pharmacy and medicine have alot in common)

Thanks for replies.
icon7.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, I am in Canada

here we can get the bachelors of pharmacy before PharmD.

I was just wonderin if having the bachelors of pharmacy will increase my chances of getting into medical school.
in other words, is that important to them when evaluating my application ;or it's no different than having any other bachelors?

(I am sayin that since the pharmacy and medicine have alot in common)

Thanks for replies.
icon7.gif

Are you asking about Canadian schools or US schools? I know that UBC med takes so many students from pharmacy that pharmacy is considered the backdoor to medschool. I doubt it'd make a difference in the States though.

Members don't see this ad :)
first thanks for reply,

and yes i m talkin about UBC im livin in vancouver and i ll be applyin to pharmacy next year ,my GPA is 3.7 so far . so i m not sure if i can be accepted to m ed after getting my Bs in Pharmacy because obviously med is a better choice than the pharm.

are you in med pharm pre-med or what?

Not here in the states

sorry this was basically +pad+ YAY for 250 before bed time..

i just checked your profile

congrad. amazing stat. have fun..

Hey
I'm at McGill, and they have an unwritten agreement between professional faculties stating that you can't transfer from OT or PT or Dentistry into Med, because everyone was doing it and those faculties were not graduating more than 10 students at the end. I don't know how it works elsewhere, but you should definitely talk to a med adviser to get the insider's scoop.
Also, what you are doing is insanely selfish, because you are taking up a spot for someone who really wants to be there. Just do a BSc like everyone else. Plus UBC has COOP, so you will have research experience, which in the US is highly regarded.

i Know what you are sayin BUT i was thinkin that in case i dont get into med school, i still have something that i love (pharmacy) and something that has a future. HOwever, if i do another bachelors like chemistry or biology and if i dont get into med, i CANT do anything with it at the end

btw,what is OT ,PT?