Will Medical Schools see my second score for the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zobo135

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So here is my current situation. I currently got a 499 on my MCAT (RIP) but I plan on retaking in August and I expect to do significantly better. My plan right now is to apply in June. My question is whether or not medical schools will see me signed up in August to take it again and whether or not they will wait to see my second score. I need clarification so I can decide whether or not to apply in June or wait until I get my second score and risk applying late. Thank you guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Do not take the MCAT unless you are confident of a score consistent with success.
It is not worth rushing it. We will see all scores and a series of unfortunate scores has a far more chilling effect than a single one.
Remember that the AAMC recommends that we average multiple scores.
Discovering your score in September means you will have a very short window for secondary returns.

If you have reliable evidence that your August MCAT will be strong enough for an interview offer and you live in a state with a relatively small number of applicants/seat, you could consider using the "throwaway" technique to reduce the lag time caused by verification of transcripts.

Reactions: 1 user
This thread can be followed here:

Status
Not open for further replies.