Will my app be DOA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gele021

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have already submitted my application with a throwaway school and am just waiting for my MCAT score to come in (I've already taken it) before adding schools. I was wondering how my 0 in-person shadowing and 70 hours of virtual shadowing will look on my app. I am currently working through the scribing course to start on a medical scribe job and I will put this in my secondaries or updates. Plus, I have 200+ hours of clinical volunteering where I work with physicians directly throughout the patient's visit at a free clinic. Is this good enough not to get my app tossed out or is my app DOA?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are schools that will not accept virtual shadowing. It's your responsibility to find out which ones they are.
Thank you for the reply! I'll contact some schools and see their thoughts on this. But in general, should I withdraw my app or keep going with this cycle?

I think that your clinical experience with a physician may suffice. Time will tell. Please update this thread when you get your first offer or June 1, whichever comes first.

Reactions: 1 users