Will my GRE score make the deadline?

Started by woopig
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

woopig

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

If a similar thread already exist, I apologize! Anyway, I'm taking my GRE on September 19th, and one of the programs that I am applying to has a firm October 1st deadline. Should I be concerned that my GRE score won't be received by that program in time?

I'm not too familiar with the revised GRE, and how long it takes to get my score. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Good luck to everyone involved in the application process! Thanks!
 
Yea I'm afraid that's a little too close. You get the verbal and quant. scores back instantly but the writing one I didn't get for about 2 weeks. Although the scores on the screen at the testing center are "unofficial" they are usually 99.9999% the ones you'll receive on paper.