Will Saturation Dissapear

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Batmansvoice

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
when the older dentists start retiring?

Members don't see this ad.

no, the islands of saturation will not disappear.

Even rural areas in Texas are now saturated. I was looking at Navasota and noticed there are more than enough dentist to support the area. Hopefully some of these oldies die off soon. Lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Popular areas are unlikely places for saturation to disappear. Considering how there are more dental schools (less reputable than the ones that closed two or three decades ago) opening, it wouldn't be surprising for the number of newly graduated dentists to sooner or later surpass the number of retiring older dentists from the baby boom generation. This is just my speculation. There is still a noticeable dearth of dentists in many areas throughout the United States.
I don't understand why dentists who are approaching retirement would want to retire considering the evaporation of social security and how their bodies can still manage to work like a dentist well past their retirement age.

Last edited:
Do you think that this will be it in terms of new schools opening up? I really hope it's not like 23 more schools open up.

I doubt it. I've interviewed with a bunch of the old timers while looking for work. Sadly, several have told me that they can't afford to retire for years to come.