Will these count towards my BCPM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMC0303

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a non-science major and was looking at summer courses and fall courses and wanted to boost my BCPM a bit before I apply for my post-bacc. I've taken precalculus algebra and trigonometry, but was wanting to take a class called "Elementary Statistical Methods" but its a psychology stats class. Also I was looking at taking "Introduction to Neuroscience" over the summer and the prefix is NS, and its in the Neuroscience department. And lastly, this one is a stretch, I only ask because it has a biology prefix, but I took a class called "Hospital Apprenticeship" it was basically a class for upper level pre-med students to do an internship, but its classified as an upper level 2 credit biology class though?... Does any of these classes count towards my BCPM gpa?

Members don't see this ad.

The Neuroscience course definitely counts, the other two are in a gray area. Is there no biostats course for you to take?

Stats, yes. Neuro, yes. Work-based internship, no.

It's about the course content, not the course dept label.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
From my understanding, only stats from a statistics or mathematics department counts, and psych stats does not.