Will this look bad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tik-tik-clock

CraziiiDesiiKuriii
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I dropped a math course last quarter with a W. Now I am taking the math course along with genetics and ochem

but I totally screwed on my first midterm in genetics. I am thikning of dropping the class, after which I will have only two courses this quarter.

Will this give a bad impression to the med schools?
Assume that I will take a full load next quarters and no more Ws..

Thankyou in advance. I really have to learn t o manage my time.

Members don't see this ad.

tik-tik-clock said:
I dropped a math course last quarter with a W. Now I am taking the math course along with genetics and ochem

but I totally screwed on my first midterm in genetics. I am thikning of dropping the class, after which I will have only two courses this quarter.

It sure won't look great, but then again, it's not that bad. From my experience, it seems that a bunch of A's in your transcript will blind the adcom to the W's.

Don't drop anymore classes though.

To be honest, yes. Very light course loads and Ws are not good things. Just don't make it a habbit of it (i.e., don't do it again), and you should be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
tik-tik-clock said:

nah... it'll look good :rolleyes:

unfortunately dropping the genetics course and then only taking two other classes will not look good, especially if you've dropped a class the semester before.

i'd recommend sticking it out with genetics. even if you completely bombed the midterm a "B" should still be within reach and in this case i'd say you're better off with a "B" than a "W".

good luck,
s

tik-tik-clock said:

heh, if i were you id go out right now and get a job so i'd have some sort of legitimate excuse for the low course load.

tik-tik-clock said:

chances are, you're gonna bomb another test in some other class sooner or later. Are you gonna drop that class too? Try not to take the easy way out. I know a lot of people think they're doing a "one" time thing, but end up dropping or failing a course b/c they wouldn't change their habit. Well good luck.