Will transcripts from different schools hurt my chances at medical school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BaseballFan1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have credits from a community college and one university.

I plan to take some courses at another university/community college in a different city but plan to come back home and graduate from the one I am currently at.

How will medical schools look at this? particularly UCLA SOM.

I have completed around 70 hours and have a 4.0 GPA.

Members don't see this ad.

A lot of people will have transcripts coming from different schools. There are a lot of people who go to a community college first and then transfer to the university to save money. It's also not uncommon for people who go to universities in areas that have high populations, such as here in CA, to take some classes at a community college since classes here become full very quickly. The only thing that I've heard that might look bad is going to a university and taking all your pre-reqs at a community college. I don't know if this carries any weight, but I don't think that is your situation. Just a heads up. You should be fine.

A lot of people will have transcripts coming from different schools. There are a lot of people who go to a community college first and then transfer to the university to save money. It's also not uncommon for people who go to universities in areas that have high populations, such as here in CA, to take some classes at a community college since classes here become full very quickly. The only thing that I've heard that might look bad is going to a university and taking all your pre-reqs at a community college. I don't know if this carries any weight, but I don't think that is your situation. Just a heads up. You should be fine.

Ok sounds good.

I am at UNLV right now with some courses also from CSN but I really want to go to NYU/community college in NY for a semester or two but finish off and graduate at UNLV....