Windsor SOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Taurus

Paul Revere of Medicine
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have a friend who is attending this school. I looked through ValueMD already. I know it's not in the top 4 Carib schools. What do people think?

How much difficulty will this person have getting a residency? Licensed?

Members don't see this ad.

So I have a friend who is attending this school. I looked through ValueMD already. I know it's not in the top 4 Carib schools. What do people think?

How much difficulty will this person have getting a residency? Licensed?

School is relatevely new (under 10 yrs), not too many practicing graduates, although there are soime in Mich and OH (may be more now). Compare to other schools w/o NY and Cali approvals is very moderately priced (a lot cheaper), and is located on St. Kitts, which has many direct flights for U.S. So if your friend is not looking to practice in CA, NM, AK, KS, TN, VT and probably some other States like TX and CO which are on case by case basis, but notoriously hard for FMG/IMG, he'll probably be O.K. Asong as he knows about this limitations. Though many of these States would still be possible (by reciprosity (spell?)) after having a clean medical license in other States. One thing is important to understand that in the eyes of many PDs ALL Carib schools suck alike. There is no real ranking in the world outside of carib schools in Big 4, small 6 etc. If someone is on the budget, and does not care about Cali and few other States that follow its guidelines for med lic I'd say Windsor is a good fit and a bang for a buck. Of course, SABA would be far more preferable b/c of it's approvals and still adequate price...but waaaay to competative.

Also, if you looked on VMD there is a guy w/ screenname "Dave26" or something like that. He has some honest posts, and at one time was a U.S med student. Something went wrong and he wound up at Windsor. He still managed to land a University-based neurology residency. So....I guess it's not so bad.

Hope it helps :D:luck: