Withdraw and Resubmit primary with a new account?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jack-Kennedy35

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was just wondering I know that if you withdraw your app, you can't apply again this cycle. But if i don't have an MCAT score on my account yet then can I create a new AAMC account and resubmit a brand new primary AMCAS for verification? I know I would have to order transcripts again and basically pay the MCAT fee from the new account and register for a date...

Would this work? Is this allowed?
@gonnif @LizzyM

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
AAMC Sock Puppet. Doesn't sound kosher. Proceed with extreme caution. If you are doing this to get around a AAMC rule, you are playing with fire.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
AAMC Sock Puppet. Doesn't sound kosher. Proceed with extreme caution. If you doing this to get around a AAMC rule, you are playing with fire.

Is this dishonest? Won't the applicant have to pay a fee and basically restart the whole process? Especially fi the first AMCAS hasn't been processed yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

I was just wondering I know that if you withdraw your app, you can't apply again this cycle. But if one doesn't have an MCAT score on their account yet then can't they just create a new AAMC account and resubmit a brand new primary AMCAS for verification? Then basically pay the MCAT fee from the new account and register for an MCAT date?

Would this work? Is this allowed?

My app is in this stage : Submitted to AMCAS - Ready for Review

@gonnif @LizzyM @Catalystik
Why on earth would you do this????????

Why do you need to resubmit your app?

I noticed that for one of my activities I put the start date as 2016 instead of 2017 :( It's an activity that I am continuing right now and will continue until next year.
*Typo; should I mention this in my secondary or just leave it.... and address it at an interview if asked?

Last edited:
Why on earth would you do this????????
I 100% won't please don't get me wrong! I don't feel safe or comfortable breaking the rules in this manner, if it's prohibited. It was just a random thought that I had...

If you’re asked to list activities in your secondary then make the correction there, otherwise don’t worry about it. I would not withdraw and resubmit over this.

I noticed that for one of my activities I put the start date as 2016 instead of 2017 :(
*Typo; should I mention this in my secondary or just leave it.... and address it at an interview if asked?
You’re fine. Relax. Take a breath. There are much better options for everyone involved than what you’re suggesting.

If I remember correctly, you manually put in your hours. Are your hours you listed for said activity correct? If they are, I probably wouldn’t worry about it much. Worst case scenario: if asked about the activity, just state you made a typo about the year.

If you miscalculated your hours and they’re higher than what you actually did, I would probably state that on your secondaries and email the AdComs for apps without a place to state this on their secondaries.

I noticed that for one of my activities I put the start date as 2016 instead of 2017 :( It's an activity that I am continuing right now and will continue until next year.
Oh, fer crying out loud! This won't sink your application, but being so bloody neurotic will!
Take two of these:

Attachments

• 1591155716588.png
    1591155716588.png
    248.1 KB · Views: 62
I wouldn't even give a half a **** about this mistake if I read your application. Just don't lie about your hours. I think it would be a tragedy if you went to all that trouble and paid all that extra money for this workaround. Plus I think it's way more dishonest than the original mistake itself.

Oh, fer crying out loud! This won't sink your application, but being so bloody neurotic will!
Take two of these:
Should I leave this be until someone asks me about the activity in an interview or if I am questioned about this activity in the future by verification?
- I don't think its particularly a big deal so I am not sure if I want to draw attention to it via a secondary or a note.

My hours are accurate, so no problem there. This was for a educational wilderness science camp that i take part in multiple times a year.

Psst: verification won’t ask you about it. In an interview they are going to ask what you learned, not what year you started. Seriously, stop stressing about this.

Reactions: 1 users
Take two of these:
Thanks Goro! I've been trying to take these since 2015 when you first helped me out over a "Is it the end of the world that i got a B in gen chem 1 post "

Would you recommend I list this on my secondaries for schools wherever possible? or maybe send an email out to every school I will apply to? or should I just leave it alone until someone asks me about it and I can tell them that this was an oversight....

Like I said the activity is a educational wellness camp that I take part in 2 or 3 times a year annually and have been been doing since 2017. My hours are accurate and the only misstep is that I put the starting date as Jan '16 rather than Jan '17. I will be continuing this until matriculation next year.

This is one of the most insane things I have ever seen on this site. OP, move on.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks Goro! I've been trying to take these since 2015 when you first helped me out over a "Is it the end of the world that i got a B in gen chem 1 post "

Would you recommend I list this on my secondaries for schools wherever possible? or maybe send an email out to every school I will apply to? or should I just leave it alone until someone asks me about it and I can tell them that this was an oversight....

Like I said the activity is a educational wellness camp that I take part in 2 or 3 times a year annually and have been been doing since 2017. My hours are accurate and the only misstep is that I put the starting date as Jan '16 rather than Jan '17. I will be continuing this until matriculation next year.

No. Move on. No one will be concerned with this.

I was just wondering I know that if you withdraw your app, you can't apply again this cycle. But if i don't have an MCAT score on my account yet then can I create a new AAMC account and resubmit a brand new primary AMCAS for verification?]
For the sake of future readers who wonder about this question:

From p9 of the AMCAS Applicant Guide: Do not create several AAMC ID numbers by registering a second time because this action may be flagged as fraudulent and could result in an investigation.

From p61: Withdrawing your application is final. Once you do so, you may no longer apply for the current application year.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

do I have to reach through the electrons and smack you upside the head?
Never bring attention to a negative.

Please do NOT do this!! One minor mistake is not worth the risk of committing an EVEN BIGGER mistake (or attempt a mistake). This reminds me of a quote from Suits. Don't cover up a mistake with an even bigger one!

do I have to reach through the electrons and smack you upside the head?
Never bring attention to a negative.

I'd think all SDN-ers will benefit from an occasional smack from @Goro for the sake of our sanity during the application cycle :)

• Love