Withdraw from a class I listed on my primary app?

Sep 9, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I'm applying MD/PhD this year. I've been a Junior Scientist (my official title, and yes, it's hilarious) for 2 years now, and I work 40+ hours a week. My research background is heavily oriented towards immunology, but I've always been interested in neuroscience. I decided to put down on my AMCAS app that I'll be taking an Intro to Neuroscience course in the fall, since I get to take heavily discounted courses at the university I work at.

Well, now we're two weeks into the semester, and my workload is increasing. I'm regretting taking this class. I can still withdraw without any effect on my transcript.

Will I have to inform the schools I'm applying to that I have decided to not take this course? Will it affect my chances of acceptance? I could take the course and do well, I just think the effort/reward ratio is too high.

Jan 20, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Will I have to inform the schools I'm applying to that I have decided to not take this course?

No.

Will it affect my chances of acceptance?

No.

I could take the course and do well, I just think the effort/reward ratio is too high.

If it's not a required course, it is irrelevant. Any 'concurrent/future' listings on AMCAS are subject to change, and the only assumption is that you will remain academically eligible.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads