withdraw from the Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brengy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone please help.. Do I still need to withdraw from the match even though I did not get any thing through the match? thank you

While it is nice to submit a letter that you are not going to use the match, it is not necessary.... Just do not submit the match list.

Several programs, like mine that are not in the match, ask students we accept to submit a letter of withdraw from the match so everything is ethical.

If you submit a list, and get match, you have a binding contract....

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied PASS for 16 programs but not able to go to my actual interview due to a private reason (car related). I did send some thank you letters to 3 programs for invitation. Obviously I am not able to rank well because I did not tour the NY programs. Will I still be able to use Match service to choose my favorites? :eek::laugh:

I applied PASS for 16 programs but not able to go to my actual interview due to a private reason (car related). I did send some thank you letters to 3 programs for invitation. Obviously I am not able to rank well because I did not tour the NY programs. Will I still be able to use Match service to choose my favorites? :eek::laugh:

most programs will only rank people they interviewed, or know from a rotation