Withdraw or B- (Human Anatomy)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Should I Withdraw?

• Withdraw

• Don't withdraw

Results are only viewable after voting.

TennisWalk

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
x

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm a junior taking Human Anatomy, my current grade lies at a D+. I could get it up to a C maybe or a C+ (best case scenario). Should I just withdraw?
I am taking Biochem, Physics, developmental biology, and research at the same time.
Currently my GPA is (3.58). If I don't withdraw it won't go up, if I do withdraw, it will.

(Also this class is not required)

Also if I withdraw from the class I will also have to withdraw the lab (1 cred. Class). I never withdrew from a class before, and this would show 2 W's on my transcript.

I have a few days until I have to make a decision.

Thanks in advance.

You should withdraw, especially since its a 4 credit class?

You can explain a W but you will not be able to explain a "C"
It wasn't smart to take all those classes together in the first place though.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You should withdraw, especially since its a 4 credit class?

You can explain a W but you will not be able to explain a "C"
It wasn't smart to take all those classes together in the first place though.

Thanks for the advice! As for the courses, idk but that's pretty much the course load of all juniors in my major. It's not as bad as it seems lol (just anatomy, **** anatomy)

Thanks for the advice! As for the courses, idk but that's pretty much the course load of all juniors in my major. It's not as bad as it seems lol (just anatomy, **** anatomy)

You should get interested in anatomy. It's going to eat you up in medical school if you despise it this much now.

You should get interested in anatomy. It's going to eat you up in medical school if you despise it this much now.

Haha you're right, I don't really despise it, I just despise the time commitment that comes with it. The material itself is actually very interesting!

Why are you a junior and still having difficulty with grades? You need to figure out A) if you are going to overextend by taking up a class or responsibilty, and B) if you will be able to perform.

In my perspective, you are not performing and need to pull away. Don't make this mistake again. You are too far into your undergrad to be doing this.

I strongly vote for a withdrawal.

- you’re currently fighting to just pass
- the class is not required for your degree
- a fail in this class could kneecap your application considerably
- you sound like you have plenty of other things going on
- let me reiterate: there is a not insignificant chance you could fail this class if you don’t withdraw

Agree with the withdraw and disagree with saying it's too much. That's about average at my school if it's your majors "hard year", which for most is their sophomore or junior year because of ochem, physics, anatomy, research, electives etc. at the same time. I'm not saying that to put you down, just saying that I wouldn't push this off to the sides saying you just "did too much" I would take a look and see how you can fix what happened this time! Best of luck!

I'm a junior taking Human Anatomy, my current grade lies at a D+. I could get it up to a C maybe or a C+ (best case scenario). Should I just withdraw?
I am taking Biochem, Physics, developmental biology, and research at the same time.
Currently my GPA is (3.58). If I don't withdraw it won't go up, if I do withdraw, it will.

Also if I withdraw from the class I will also have to withdraw the lab (1 cred. Class). I never withdrew from a class before, and this would show 2 W's on my transcript.

Protect your GPA and withdraw. Learn from the situation what your limits are.

Why are you a junior and still having difficulty with grades? You need to figure out A) if you are going to overextend by taking up a class or responsibilty, and B) if you will be able to perform.

In my perspective, you are not performing and need to pull away. Don't make this mistake again. You are too far into your undergrad to be doing this.

Lol chill dude, I have an A in Biochem, Physics and Dev Bio. Also, thanks for the advice, much appreciated!

Protect your GPA at any costs. Withdraw!

Matriculation into medical school is a numbers game. People try to make it more than what it really is...

Thanks in advance.
Take the W and become better at time mgt. Med school will be a LOT harder than what you're taking now, and it will have Anatomy. Tons of it.

Take the W and become better at time mgt. Med school will be a LOT harder than what you're taking now, and it will have Anatomy. Tons of it.
Thanks for the advise, and everyone else too. I will withdraw from the class, thanks everyone!

Last edited: