This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lakshmitreetree

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that if I have been offered an interview at another institution but have accepted a seat at another school, that I am supposed to get in touch with the school and withdraw my application ( which I have done). I was wondering what the etiquette was for schools who haven't sent me an interview invite or anything at this point. Do I still email them letting them know that I have accepted at another school or should I just wait until March 1st, as they will see I have been accepted somewhere and by this point I assume their classes are already filled and they just haven't sent an official rejection email???

Members don't see this ad.

I emailed other schools that I wasn't interested in interviewing at anymore (ones that had sent an interview, and ones that had not sent anything yet) on December 3rd after I was accepted to let them know that I wanted to withdraw my application from consideration. I think it is a professional courtesy to let them know. Even after March 1st, some schools may still send you an offer/interview even if you have deposited elsewhere. To save both sides time, I would just email them now.

Reactions: 1 users
I emailed other schools that I wasn't interested in interviewing at anymore (ones that had sent an interview, and ones that had not sent anything yet) on December 3rd after I was accepted to let them know that I wanted to withdraw my application from consideration. I think it is a professional courtesy to let them know. Even after March 1st, some schools may still send you an offer/interview even if you have deposited elsewhere. To save both sides time, I would just email them now.
Thank you! I didn't realize. I thought they kind of stopped sending stuff once they saw an offer was accepted. Time to email them :)

Reactions: 1 user