Withdrawing after May 15

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AAHHHHHH

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am on Loyola's alternate list, and they said they're not going to review it until later. I'm holding an acceptance at another school that starts in July. If Loyola doesn't accept me until after May 15, can I withdraw from the other school or is that unethical/illegal? Does anyone know when Loyola starts reviewing their alternate list?

Members don't see this ad.

You ONLY have to withdraw from acceptances by May 15th. If you are on a waitlist, you can hold it UP UNTIL THE DAY CLASSES start. And if you eventually get taken off that waitlist, then you can withdraw from the other school you told you would go to after may 15th.

It's completely ethical. Just don't hold more than one acceptance AFTER may 15th.

If you get into Loyola after May 15th, you can withdraw your acceptance from Finch. But if you get in after classes start, it's too late I believe.

Members don't see this ad :)
<a href="http://www.aamc.org/students/applying/policies/recommendations.htm" target="_blank">Here</a> is the link to the AAMC Student Responsibilities for acceptances. You can be on as many waitlists as you'd like up until you start classes or an orientation at a school. If you do that, the schools can remove you from their alernate list.

Hey AHHHHHH...I'm not sure what exactly you're asking so I'll address a couple of possibilities:

If Loyola accepts you from the waitlist on May 20th or even June 27 or whenever, you can withdraw from your current acceptance - this is within the guidelines of the traffic rules

If, however, you start orientation at the school that starts in June (what school starts in June??? Wow) and THEN Loyola comes through with an acceptance then you cannot attend Loyola. In fact, it is against AAMC guidelines for a school to offer you an acceptance once you have begun orientation or classes at another institution...so this would never happen anyway.

Thanks everyone for your responses. You answered my question exactly as to whether or not I could pull out of my acceptance to the other school if Loyola accepted me before that school's start date. Does anyone know when Loyola starts to re-evaluate that alternate list?