Withdrawing enrollment after a better acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doyouever1der

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am about 90% through the process of enrollment at a medical school (A). However, I just got accepted into my top choice (B) off the waitlist. I haven’t paid school A any money but I’ve gone through most of the paperwork. How do I proceed in writing an email saying I don’t want to attend school A anymore? I have just accepted the offer from B and I had written them a letter of intent a few months ago.

Thanks for your help!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I am about 90% through the process of enrollment at a medical school (A). However, I just got accepted into my top choice (B) off the waitlist. I haven’t paid school A any money but I’ve gone through most of the paperwork. How do I proceed in writing an email saying I don’t want to attend school A anymore? I have just accepted the offer from B and I had written them a letter of intent a few months ago.

Thanks for your help!!
This does happen from time to time. You had accepted school A in good faith as it was your only offer then.

You have told B you accept their offer from the WL. Once you hear confirmation from them, you will write a nice email to school A saying that you are thankful for the chance to attend, but you have taken another recent offer that fits your goals better and you will be withdrawing from your spot at their school.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users