withdrawing application to a dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted904921

hey everyone! question about withdrawing an application for a school.

i applied to several schools early that did not require supplemental essay and initially i had a desire to go but after personal circumstances and after much thinking i feel like realistically it'll be hard for me to commit there even if i get accepted bc i need to stay close to home
may i ask how this would work?/is it possible? we probably wont get refund i know but do i just not pay supp fee?

thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't pay the supplemental fee and just email the admissions email that you would like your application to be withdrawn from consideration

Before you rescind your application, ask yourself what would happen if any one school were your only acceptance? Would you go even if it would be difficult? Would you decline and reapply next year? Applying is a gamble already, depending on your stats and everything, you may significantly hurt your chances of getting in. It may still be what’s best for you in your situation, just playing devil’s advocate. I wouldn’t take this decision lightly.

Reactions: 1 user