Withdrawing applications after being accepted to first choice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dudeethatsrad

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm very lucky to have been accepted to my first choice on December 1st. I've placed my deposit (and my family even bought me a hoodie from the school for the holidays), but is it normal to withdraw all of my pending applications now? I haven't heard from 4 schools, and am currently on two waitlists. I received a post-Dec interview from a school that I had considered a safety school, but ultimately declined it. I'm hesitant to withdraw applications from other schools I was initially interested in, but is it common practice? What would you/did you do in this situation? Thanks for the insight!

Members don't see this ad.

I will withdraw to save everybody some time.

Reactions: 1 user
I withdrew/declined all of the other schools I applied to once I decided on Michigan. If you're sure that you want to go to that school, it's good to withdraw your other applications. I think it's professional to let the school know you're not interested anymore. Additionally, admissions won't consider your application over others when deciding on last minute interviews or waitlist acceptances.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It isn't necessary, whether you drop it now or in the next 3 weeks someone will take your spot. It is more of a matter of being "polite" to your peers praying for an acceptance from the waitlist

Reactions: 1 users
Hehe

Attachments

• IMG_1673.JPG
    IMG_1673.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: 2 users