Withdrawing from Medical School

Started by RaaMD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RaaMD

Caffeine Addict
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know someone who's contemplating withdrawing from their medical school because they don't like it there. Is it possible to apply again to other school once this has been done?
 
RaaMD said:
I know someone who's contemplating withdrawing from their medical school because they don't like it there. Is it possible to apply again to other school once this has been done?
I don't know why you'd do it. You have an opportunity many of us on these boards don't have.

To transfer from one school to another (I assume that's what you're asking about,) you can fill out the spot on the AMCAS form and the essay explaining your reasons. Most reasons I've heard of are moving home to be closer to a sick parent or constant ongoing harassment based on cultural/racial/sexual differences. I'm willing to bet that "you don't like it there" is not good enough.